Bimmerpost for Android has just been updated to version 4.3.55 with a host of bug fixes. Try it out!
THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum BMW M235i and 228i Convertible [Official Thread] - Specs, Wallpapers, Photos, Videos

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-12-2014, 06:56 PM   #67
shark715
Captain
121
Rep
873
Posts

Drives: '11 X5 50i, '16 M235xi vert
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonzac View Post
Production began on my M235 Convertible per My BMW
Congrats, you might be the very first U.S. owner to take delivery on one. Interesting that I don't think even one other forum member has mentioned ordering one yet.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 09:09 PM   #68
nelsonzac
Enlisted Member
3
Rep
39
Posts

Drives: 2004 330 CSI
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Well today I was told if I want to pic it up at the performance center it is 8 weeks after production. Seems odd because without that I could get in about 30 days or so. Tried to post the a screen shot of the my bmw production but it would not work.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2014, 09:48 AM   #69
bimmerfile
Lieutenant Colonel
bimmerfile's Avatar
Canada
416
Rep
1,830
Posts

Drives: 2016 M235xi cabrio
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: GTA, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark715 View Post
Congrats, you might be the very first U.S. owner to take delivery on one. Interesting that I don't think even one other forum member has mentioned ordering one yet.
I did. 228i XDrive ragtop.
Ordered Nov 19th with a delivery date timeframe between mid-March & April 15th..
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2015, 02:51 PM   #70
shark715
Captain
121
Rep
873
Posts

Drives: '11 X5 50i, '16 M235xi vert
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonzac View Post
Well today I was told if I want to pic it up at the performance center it is 8 weeks after production. Seems odd because without that I could get in about 30 days or so. Tried to post the a screen shot of the my bmw production but it would not work.
Nelson, any word on the whereabouts of your car?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 10:38 AM   #71
nelsonzac
Enlisted Member
3
Rep
39
Posts

Drives: 2004 330 CSI
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
M235 Convertible

Yes - it is on the California Highway ship which is in the middle of the Atlantic this morning - here is the spot: http://www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=9574078

It is due in the port on the 12th. I see on your other post the New Jersey folks are getting one Friday. They tell me mine will sit at the port until emissions are clear on the new model. It then will go the performance center in SC where I will be given some potential pick up dates. As of now nothing is confirmed but I am told there is a backlog and it will be February - if it becomes too long I might have it redirected to the dealer.

Looks like there are lots on the way. Wonder why so many dealers were not helpful with orders.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 10:58 AM   #72
shark715
Captain
121
Rep
873
Posts

Drives: '11 X5 50i, '16 M235xi vert
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonzac View Post
Yes - it is on the California Highway ship which is in the middle of the Atlantic this morning - here is the spot: http://www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=9574078

It is due in the port on the 12th. I see on your other post the New Jersey folks are getting one Friday. They tell me mine will sit at the port until emissions are clear on the new model. It then will go the performance center in SC where I will be given some potential pick up dates. As of now nothing is confirmed but I am told there is a backlog and it will be February - if it becomes too long I might have it redirected to the dealer.

Looks like there are lots on the way. Wonder why so many dealers were not helpful with orders.
That's great for you, can't wait to see pictures. I recall that a few months ago at least one of the BMW press releases said that dealer test drive cars would arrive about now, and that the factory would not start filling customers orders until January. But obviously at least a few dealers have already sold their initial cars to customers (you being one of the examples). Sounds as is each dealer can choose what they want to do, rather than there being a mandate by BMW. Perhaps BMW knows there are some customers who won't place an order until they can test drive one first, and that's why they suggested the initial cars be used for test drives.

We've decided to hold off and wait for the 235 xdrive convertible which BMW said in a press release will be available later this year...makes sense for us as we will be using the car in the winter. Had some thoughts about just ordering a rear wheel drive model with LSD (for better winter traction) instead, but it appears the upcharge for x drive will actually be less, and x drive probably suits our needs better as we do take ski trips to northern New England.

Please keep us posted on your car.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2015, 12:08 PM   #73
Jason
Administrator
Jason's Avatar
United_States
17571
Rep
19,028
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Two videos of the 2 series convertible added to the first post: http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1033435
__________________
Check on the Latest BMW News
Become a fan of Bimmerpost Facebook
Follow us on Bimmerpost Twitter
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2015, 03:59 PM   #74
ron_jeremy
Captain
ron_jeremy's Avatar
Norway
279
Rep
836
Posts

Drives: 13' F25 X3 20d & 16' i3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Norway

iTrader: (0)

Saw a black 220i at the dealer today.
Hate the sharkfin on the trunk.
But i likes it, reminds me of my E36 convertible in size.
The 2 is sporty and fun, and with the roof solution, weight are not such an issue as there is with the big brother.
__________________
3 series: E30: 89 325i, E36: 92 325iC, 94 320iC, 96 320i Convertible, 94 320iaC, E46: 99 320ia, E90: 06 318i Le mans, E91: 07 318dt
5 series: E39: 97 520ia, 01 530Dat, E61: 09 520Dat
X series: E83 05 X3 2.0d, E84 10' X1 2.0 X-drive DA, F25 13' 2.0da X-drive.
Appreciate 1
      02-08-2016, 03:01 AM   #75
ORIGIN M.
.
ORIGIN M.'s Avatar
3042
Rep
9,102
Posts

Drives: ///M
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Northern Hemisphere

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron_jeremy
Saw a black 220i at the dealer today.
Hate the sharkfin on the trunk.
But i likes it, reminds me of my E36 convertible in size.
The 2 is sporty and fun, and with the roof solution, weight are not such an issue as there is with the big brother.
Better that is smaller than the lager shark-fin on the 1er Convertible.

I like the shark fin on the Vert. better than the huge sucker on the Coupe.

You will get use to it after awhile.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2018, 10:56 AM   #76
drophead
Registered
drophead's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: with the top down
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: NC

iTrader: (0)

I'm so happy to be here!

Just a 2 Addicts noob logging in to activate my account. Finally got my first bimmer last month. I've been lurking and learning since then. Thanks to all for your posts!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2018, 04:35 PM   #77
Storm2rooper
New Member
United_States
0
Rep
15
Posts

Drives: M235 Convertible
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Seal Beach, CA.

iTrader: (0)

are the 18 in wheels cast or flow formed? also anybody the weight?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:46 AM.




2addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST