THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics B58 (M240i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Remus Axleback exhaust with custom midpipe - m240i

12-05-2019, 07:03 PM   #23
petrosexxual
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17' BMW ///M240i 6MT EB-II

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsalim240i View Post
Here you go, sorry for the terrible quality, recording device is a Pixel 1

These are mostly with windows rolled down halfway, idk if you can hear it but agency power intake is much louder in person and exhaust pops are deeper in person as well.

Thanks for posting videos, other members please take notes! haha
Actually sounds quite aggressive, love it!

It sounds a little less bassy or deep than the AWE, but both very similar. The cool thing about the Remus setup is thee ability to use the OE valve exhaust valve functionality. Makes me question my decision going AWE now. IMO AWE, Remus, and Akrapovic currently offer the most aggressive, yet delightful sounding setups for our cars at this time.
SOLD: 1999 BMW M3 |ESTORIL BLUE - DOVE GREY
IG: @petro.sexual
Appreciate 1
      12-20-2019, 11:11 AM   #24
Mikie13
Noobmw!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrosexxual View Post
Thanks for posting videos, other members please take notes! haha
Actually sounds quite aggressive, love it!

It sounds a little less bassy or deep than the AWE, but both very similar. The cool thing about the Remus setup is thee ability to use the OE valve exhaust valve functionality. Makes me question my decision going AWE now. IMO AWE, Remus, and Akrapovic currently offer the most aggressive, yet delightful sounding setups for our cars at this time.
In all the vids/clips I've heard, I'm not a big fan of the Akrapovic. They sound so rattly and tin-can...almost like they were taking all of their sport bike exhausts and doing that to the B58.

I personally think the Remus and Dinan sound the best.

However my buddy has a full AWE CBE on his 340i and it sounds pretty incredible!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 11:30 AM   #25
zsalim240i
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 White M240

petrosexxual : TBH with the windows rolled up in sport it's really never that loud, when I DO drive in comfort it's for the suspension/fuel MPG settings not really the sound setting. I don't think I would have minded it being loud in all settings had I gone with a different setup.
      12-30-2019, 11:31 AM   #26
zsalim240i
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 White M240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
In all the vids/clips I've heard, I'm not a big fan of the Akrapovic. They sound so rattly and tin-can...almost like they were taking all of their sport bike exhausts and doing that to the B58.

I personally think the Remus and Dinan sound the best.

However my buddy has a full AWE CBE on his 340i and it sounds pretty incredible!
--Yeah I'm pretty happy with the way the setup sounds, originally I felt it wasn't loud enough, but now that I'm used to the car and don't goon on it like I did when I first got it, I really have come to like it.
      12-30-2019, 01:05 PM   #27
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
--Yeah I'm pretty happy with the way the setup sounds, originally I felt it wasn't loud enough, but now that I'm used to the car and don't goon on it like I did when I first got it, I really have come to like it.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 09:51 PM   #28
petrosexxual
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17' BMW ///M240i 6MT EB-II

Quote:
petrosexxual : TBH with the windows rolled up in sport it's really never that loud, when I DO drive in comfort it's for the suspension/fuel MPG settings not really the sound setting. I don't think I would have minded it being loud in all settings had I gone with a different setup.
These cars are very well insulated it seems, I too do not find my exhaust loud with the Windows closed, just a more aggressive tone/rumble(not drone). It is very loud outside, just based off other's reaction(yelling, cussing me out, etc...) Comfort mode does seem to feel quite balanced for everyday use, just wish the steering weight was a bit firmer, but probably overall a much better, even safer ride on uneven roads.
SOLD: 1999 BMW M3 |ESTORIL BLUE - DOVE GREY
IG: @petro.sexual
Appreciate 0