THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications black grill & black badge?

09-23-2019, 10:27 PM   #1
jestyaf
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i coupe

black grill & black badge?

im trying to buy the blacked out grill on ebay but they range in price from $30 to $120 lol that's quite a gap, which is the good one to get? also i want to get a blacked out M235i badge but the only ones on ebay are from china and UK and they look shitty and not real. is there another place to order one?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 03:27 PM   #2
DriftnM3
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestyaf View Post
im trying to buy the blacked out grill on ebay but they range in price from $30 to $120 lol that's quite a gap, which is the good one to get? also i want to get a blacked out M235i badge but the only ones on ebay are from china and UK and they look shitty and not real. is there another place to order one?
I don't know to much about emblems, but popping out the grills and painting them isn't to difficult. Just put enough clear coat so it doesn't chip away while driving.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 04:56 PM   #3
msej449
msej449
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M235i Convertible +LSD 2016

Garage List
I think that if I had the time, I'd first give re-painting the grilles a go. If that didn't turn out so good, then I'd go for the replacements. Also, this would give you the opportunity to respray the radiator struts in body colour too, which I think looks cool. I also Photoshop'd my faux chrome grille surrounds in body colour, just to see what it might look like, and I seriously thought about doing this - it'd probably be the only one on the road with a body-colour grill surround (other than black, obviously):

If you are Photoshop-capable, it might be worth colouring-in the black grilles as well - when I did this, I found that I didn't like the look after all and gave up on the whole idea. But if I ever can be bothered, I'll definitely give the grill surrounds an EB respray and ditto the radiator struts while the grilles are off. In the UK the air intakes have vanes in a very odd grey which as you can see, I also Photoshop'd in EB and again, I'd respray these if I did the grilles.

Last edited by msej449; 09-24-2019 at 05:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 12:03 AM   #4
chadrandom
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i xDrive

The only 2 places I've seen black M235i badges are ebay and IND. Ebay badges are cheap and suspect quality, and IND badges are legit but super expensive ($80+ IIRC).

For the black gloss grills, I would recommend buying official BMW parts. If you want a deal you can check Craigslist, Offer Up, and these forums. Or, if you're willing to just pay street price, you can usually find the lowest possible price at Getbmwparts.com or BMWpartpros, both companies have reps frequenting these forums.
Appreciate 0