THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) Cold Weather Car Washing

09-10-2015, 09:52 AM   #23
merlin3008
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col-Bimmer View Post
Thanks for the information and the link. I have used a similar technique with my motorcycle, but it does not have as much "paint" as a car would. I might give it a shot. The description of the product sounds intriguing. Kind of washing and waxing at the same time.
I wouldn't really call it a wax. It's more like a car wash with more lubrication than the average car wash shampoo. It makes it more applicable to washing without a good rinse option. It's also good for clay lube and quick detailing.
2016 M235i xdrive, Alpine White, Terra Leather, Orbit Gray Wheels (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2015, 10:06 AM   #24
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Like washing in the cold. Pull out the hose & supplies just like in warm temps but I won't do any waxing till spring when the road salts are out of the air. As long as it's above freezing or the wind doesn't take it below freezing I'm fine. After a snow and road salt I try to wash and rinse the chassis before temps hit high forties where the chemical reaction promotes corrosion.
Wheels are the hardest in the cold, where you need fingers for tight spots.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2015, 09:47 PM   #25
SteveInfante
NewFinishColumbia/detailer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 xDrive

I have used BlackFire Waterless Wash concentrate from AutoGeek for the last year as it's illegal to wash your car in Germany in the driveway. Environmental laws there.

The ease of use and gloss sold me on the stuff. If you are hand washing you can use it as a pre-soak as well as a clay lubricant or spray detailer. You just have to dilute it correctly. I bought a gallon that mixes 4:1 so it makes 4 gallons and still have 1/3 of the original gallon left.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2015, 02:47 PM   #26
jtzako
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 228i M-Sport

I fill a bucket or two with hot water from the tub. Only the final rinse is with the cold hose water.
Appreciate 0