THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Tracking / Autocrossing Review My Track Driving

04-02-2023, 04:32 PM   #1
omerakz
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 220D F22, Mazda MX5 ND

Garage List
2014 BMW 220d  [0.00]
Hello all,

I went to trackdays with my 220d for a year.

I tried to get better and modify my car accordingly.

Here is a video of my last track day, I would like you to share your feedbacks about my driving.

I bought a E46 M3 and I am planning to stop tracking my 220d, so this was probably the last track day

Edit:
Mod list
ST XA coilovers
18" wheels with 225/40/18 square Nankankg AR1
Stage 2 ecu tune, downpipe/dpf delete
XHP Stage 3 trans tune
Clutch-type limited slip differantial
M-sport brakes (340mm front 345mm rear)
Stainless steel braided brake lines
10.7 Liter big intercooler

Tried to install Millway camber plates, but it made a lot of noise and i removed, so with -0.5 front camber, lots of understeer...

https://youtu.be/VlwzT_7sU_U
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2023, 08:34 PM   #2
rhop101
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i, Honda S2000 AP2

Nice what mods did you have?

Don’t know the track and you don’t have telemetry data. Your driving looked pretty awesome to me 😁 love the aggression.

If you’re looking for critiques on your first lap shown you could have given up a little bit of speed on entry into the last corner and you could have gotten on the Gas sooner heading out onto the front straight. But driving over the curbs like that through the chicane and then braking might just upset the car lol so what do I know 😅. Little hard to tell from the footage, but your lines look really good for the most part
Appreciate 1
zachdog39.00
      05-17-2023, 09:42 PM   #3
zachdog
Rep
Drives: 2019 230i, ZHP, 318ti

Garage List
2019 BMW 230  [0.00]
That was fun to watch! You drove it better in real life than I would’ve driven it in PS5 Gran Turismo, as I would’ve probably hit a wall. Haha.

Enjoy the E46 M3! I had a ZHP for many years, and that car drove like a go-kart. I got tired of oil leaks and air leaks and bought an F22. Now I feel like I might break the 230 when I push it like my familiar E46.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2023, 12:57 PM   #4
omerakz
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 220D F22, Mazda MX5 ND

Garage List
2014 BMW 220d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhop101 View Post
Nice what mods did you have?

Don’t know the track and you don’t have telemetry data. Your driving looked pretty awesome to me 😁 love the aggression.

If you’re looking for critiques on your first lap shown you could have given up a little bit of speed on entry into the last corner and you could have gotten on the Gas sooner heading out onto the front straight. But driving over the curbs like that through the chicane and then braking might just upset the car lol so what do I know 😅. Little hard to tell from the footage, but your lines look really good for the most part
I edited the post and added the mods, thanks for your feedbacks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachdog View Post
That was fun to watch! You drove it better in real life than I would’ve driven it in PS5 Gran Turismo, as I would’ve probably hit a wall. Haha.

Enjoy the E46 M3! I had a ZHP for many years, and that car drove like a go-kart. I got tired of oil leaks and air leaks and bought an F22. Now I feel like I might break the 230 when I push it like my familiar E46.
I hope i wont ger tired of those problems because i dont have them right now 😅 i really loved how M3 drives, and i went to my first track day with it, here is the video of if, rear of the car was too hard to control, because of the tire selection.. Big brake kit is on the way, i also want better and wider tires next time. You can see how dangerous it was at the end of the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJZIxWDxqyc
Appreciate 0