THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics GPS error after installing carplay

11-02-2022, 04:29 AM   #1
ewolsemaj
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

GPS error after installing carplay

I've just installed a carplay unit in my 2014 M235i. All working well except.... when in the NBT mode the GPS location is now way out and not tracking accurately. Yep I know I can just use car play but its frustrating the original mapping is not working correctly

I've seen posts about checking the GPS location or settings to turn on GPS tracking, however the menu options I have do not include this. Tried rebooting the units and that hasnt worked either.

Anyone have any ideas please
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2022, 03:20 PM   #2
kubax86
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewolsemaj View Post
I've just installed a carplay unit in my 2014 M235i. All working well except.... when in the NBT mode the GPS location is now way out and not tracking accurately. Yep I know I can just use car play but its frustrating the original mapping is not working correctly

I've seen posts about checking the GPS location or settings to turn on GPS tracking, however the menu options I have do not include this. Tried rebooting the units and that hasnt worked either.

Anyone have any ideas please
Check your GPS antenna
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2022, 01:48 AM   #3
ewolsemaj
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Resolved. needed time, a lot of time to reposition. I'd seen other posts suggesting a reset and then a short time to reconnect to satellites. Took over two hours, to find a position and then a little longer before it was really accurate
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2023, 06:28 AM   #4
Yapper
Rep
Drives: BMW 225XE F45

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubax86 View Post
Check your GPS antenna
Hi. I have same problem as OP however I've only just had this issue 2 years after installing the CarPlay unit. I've checked the service menu and it comes back with 'No GPS available'. I think it is the antenna or the module but I don't know how to diagnose it.

Thank you
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-16-2023, 05:35 PM   #5
kubax86
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yapper View Post
Hi. I have same problem as OP however I've only just had this issue 2 years after installing the CarPlay unit. I've checked the service menu and it comes back with 'No GPS available'. I think it is the antenna or the module but I don't know how to diagnose it.

Thank you
Need to check ATM module
Use ISTA
Appreciate 0