THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics 2016 M235i iDrive Display Delaminating - Looking for an alternative replacement

05-22-2023, 12:42 PM   #23
AxiomF22N55
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M235i

Garage List
2016 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftoverture View Post
Looks great. That was my first choice but I couldn't find a screen that hadn't already started bubbling. May I ask how much you paid for that? BMW wants $3300 for a new screen.
I paid $424.01 on ebay. Honestly, I think I just got extremely lucky.

I bought from this guy: https://www.ebay.com/str/prolazo

Might shoot him a message and ask if he can source one for you.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2023, 06:11 PM   #24
leftoverture
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 228i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxiomF22N55 View Post
I paid $424.01 on ebay. Honestly, I think I just got extremely lucky.

I bought from this guy: https://www.ebay.com/str/prolazo

Might shoot him a message and ask if he can source one for you.
You got a great deal there! My EST unit should arrive tomorrow and I will install this weekend. I'll post up when it's done.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2023, 01:04 PM   #25
leftoverture
Captain
United_States
Rep

Today I finally got my new screen from Euro Style Tuning installed. The install wasn't that difficult, but since I'm not that familiar with all the new technology, I did end up chatting with EST to get some help. The biggest problem I had was the getting the back up camera to work, but turned out I just needed to drive it a little ways and then it stated working on its own. EST's customer service is really good just like the reviews I read. Here is a before and after pic:

Before:

After:

Quite an improvement and a much larger screen. It has Android auto and carplay but I don't know that I'll even use those features. I'm just happy to have a screen without bubbles!

On a side note: DHL lost my unit by delivering it to the wrong address. I thought I was going to have to have them send a replacement, but my wife found the package at an apartment building on the next road over! DHL should send her a reward!
Appreciate 1
      05-27-2023, 03:05 PM   #26
AxiomF22N55
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M235i

Garage List
2016 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Today I finally got my new screen from Euro Style Tuning installed. The install wasn't that difficult, but since I'm not that familiar with all the new technology, I did end up chatting with EST to get some help. The biggest problem I had was the getting the back up camera to work, but turned out I just needed to drive it a little ways and then it stated working on its own. EST's customer service is really good just like the reviews I read. Here is a before and after pic:

Before:

After:

Quite an improvement and a much larger screen. It has Android auto and carplay but I don't know that I'll even use those features. I'm just happy to have a screen without bubbles!

On a side note: DHL lost my unit by delivering it to the wrong address. I thought I was going to have to have them send a replacement, but my wife found the package at an apartment building on the next road over! DHL should send her a reward!
Looks great!!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2023, 04:40 PM   #27
Tfmala
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW m235

Any issues with the install? Easy or hard to get the connector off/on? Gaps in figment?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2023, 11:53 AM   #28
leftoverture
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfmala View Post
Any issues with the install? Easy or hard to get the connector off/on? Gaps in figment?
Install is easy enough. No issues there. I have two fiber optic cables and somehow I broke the lock on the new connector for those so I had to zip tie them in place. I needed a little help with the settings once I got it powered up but EST was right there to chat with me on line. They were super helpful. And if you're using the factory camera, you apparently have to drive a short distance before it works again. I haven't used the Android Auto functions yet, and probably won't (because I'm older and i-drive gives me everything I need). But it all seems to work perfectly at this point and everything fits like it was from the factory.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2023, 02:06 PM   #29
M235_Chan
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:
Install is easy enough. No issues there. I have two fiber optic cables and somehow I broke the lock on the new connector for those so I had to zip tie them in place. I needed a little help with the settings once I got it powered up but EST was right there to chat with me on line. They were super helpful. And if you're using the factory camera, you apparently have to drive a short distance before it works again. I haven't used the Android Auto functions yet, and probably won't (because I'm older and i-drive gives me everything I need). But it all seems to work perfectly at this point and everything fits like it was from the factory.
Do you still have the original factory functions? I already have nav and backup camera in mine.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2023, 07:23 PM   #30
leftoverture
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M235_Chan View Post
Do you still have the original factory functions? I already have nav and backup camera in mine.
Yes, all original functions are preserved.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2023, 12:02 PM   #31
Bcbecker3983
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

I'm about to replace my screen as well... what settings need tweeked? I'm assuming no "programming" was needed to get the EST screen to work properly...
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2023, 05:57 AM   #32
leftoverture
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcbecker3983 View Post
I'm about to replace my screen as well... what settings need tweeked? I'm assuming no "programming" was needed to get the EST screen to work properly...
Correct, there is no programming needed but there are some settings that need to be worked through. I honestly don't remember all of that, but if you chat with EST they will walk you through it. That's how I did mine and they were great.
Appreciate 0