THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Completely Confused NBT/NBT Evo ID4 Android headunit upgrade

05-14-2023, 06:38 PM   #1
Mr_Vandepotgerukt
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 220i Active Tourer (F45)

Completely Confused NBT/NBT Evo ID4 Android headunit upgrade

Hi Everyone,

I'm really hoping someone here will be able to help me as i'm completely confused and stuck.

The original screen in my car broke so I had to replace it. As BMW prices for replacement of the 6.5" screen are rediculous I decided after reading many reviews to buy a 10.25 Android replacement unit. I ordered an NBT version of the screen as all information I could find pointed to the car having an NBT device.

After installing and configuring the android screen for my car everything seems to work, original system is working fine (FM radio, NAV, bluetooth calling, etc) Also on the android side everything seems to be working... except the sound output.. It's dead silent.. Yes there are tonns of posts with a no sound issue but they all have a solution to either the optical cable is not transferred or the armrest aux needs to be used. both do not work for me ;-(

If i use the original car cable the aux input(armrest) works fine, as soon as i use the android screen wires the aux is dead. On the Aux output of the android screen there is sound (tested with speaker) I've tried everything that i could find online without result.. now i'm starting to question if i have NBT maybe it is a NBT EVO id4 unit that might be different in its wire configuration.. Could someone identify the unit i have ? (picture attached)

Any Idea's or suggestions are most welcome!

Many Many Thanks!!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-21-2023, 02:38 AM   #2
Tertius
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d E90

Hi there, curious to know if you ever figured this one out?
Appreciate 0