THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB chirping noise when accelerating

08-31-2021, 02:54 AM   #1
Awn
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

chirping noise when accelerating

recently i started hearing this "birds chirping" noise coming from the right passenger area.
Noise goes off when accelerating (pressing on the throttle) and goes away when i release the throttle, no noise present when car is rolling without throttle even at speed.
The noise is not present when car at stationary and revving, the noise is highly present first 20mins of driving and gets lower after 20-30 mins driving or when driving hard, it could be sounding lower because im getting used to it.

took it to a professional mechanic $$ and changed the belt tensioner and belt but failed to fix, then the mechanic recommended to change front brake discs which are not due yet, however, i can not be convinced that they are the brake because no brake squeal or what so ever when breaking, and i can't be trusting the mechanic anymore for fixing major parts $$$ without even him lifting the car to inspect undercarriage or go to more deeper inspections.

For now im living with it, here are couple of videos i recorded, the noise is better heard with headphones.

04-02-2023, 10:39 AM   #2
glacierburst
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2004 545i SMGS HUD SPORT

Did you ever figure out that noise issue? Have f10 535 doing the exact issue under light acceleration. Thank you
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2023, 11:03 PM   #3
tpros11
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 128i

I just recently started having that same problem too, I drive a 2008 128i, were you able to figure out the problem??
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2023, 07:12 AM   #4
freakystyly
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F22 B58 6MT

Is your HVAC fan running? It could be a squeaky fan.

Does it happen with someone in the passenger seat? Could be a squeaky seat.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2023, 10:21 PM   #5
tpros11
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 128i

it happens when I have someone in the passenger seat and when I'm by myself and it is every time I lightly press the gas and when I push down past a certain point it goes away. My fan is loud but it's a different noise than this. I don't believe its the belt either because it's still tight
Appreciate 0