THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions '14 M235i: Coding advanced bluetooth, launch control & adaptive cruise control

10-09-2020, 06:16 PM   #1
theWibbler
Rep
Drives: '14 M235i, 08' 128i vert

'14 M235i: Coding advanced bluetooth, launch control & adaptive cruise control

Hi all,

What hardware/option requires do you need for enhanced bluetooth, launch control & adaptive cruise control?

I have a very base '14 M235i (bought it to last me between 2 knee surgeries, I couldnt drive stick for close to two years so I bought a base model to avoid short term depreciation).

My plan for my next car is either a Lotus Evora or a C8 corvette (Don't hate, I've owned multiple BMW 3,2 and 1 series for 14 years, literally nothing else since I got my license, with great pain I have decided I'm done with BMW till they get their shit together.

The cars are getting larger/progressively worse as drivers cars, the steering in my M235i is so numb compared to my 128i its absurd. I originally planned to replace my M235i with an M2 but after blowing my engine due to a failing oil sensor, having to remove my rear seats just to access my stuck trunk, and the fact that BMWs are starting to be designed for non-enthusiasts I think I'll pass.

I hate my M235i...the steering is shit without an LSD, compared to my past BMWs its a maintenance nightmare. The fact that I own a car that retailed for around 50k and doesnt even give me bluetooth audio as a standard feature is ridiculous when you consider the lowest end American cars have bluetooth audio as a standard option.

I'm gonna sell it ASAP, the 8 speed auto is lagggy/sucks, steering is numb, plus it has a new engine, which should add some value.

In the interim I would like to hate this car less, being able to play music through my phone without a damn aux cord so that I can charge my phone while driving and unlocking some of the features they nickled and dimed me out of from a software perspective would help.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2020, 04:50 PM   #2
TwoTonic
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M235i

I'm not certain, but I would guess that you can't add adaptive cruise by software alone- you will need sensors in the front as well.
Appreciate 0