THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics B58 (M240i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Dorch B58 Stage 1 HPFP Upgrade

10-17-2020, 03:42 PM   #1
lixiang7349
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: customE50Tune

https://dorchengineering.com/product...-hpfp-upgrade/
Has anyone installed this on their 240? If so how much HP did you gain? I have bm3 tune.

I wonder why ppl tend to follow stage 1 with downpipe upgrade when HPFP seems like an easier route without all the problem with CEL and emission fails.
Assuming I don't care about the louder exhaust aspect.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2020, 08:47 PM   #2
cooolone2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 20' M240iX B58, 01' 330XI E46

Apples and Oranges!

But that said, it's all relevant!

HPFP doesn't create any power in itself. And honestly, neither does a DP without tuning for the difference in airflow. Same goes for the HPFP, really only comes into play when exceeding boost spec and getting to a lean condition or static fueling, when more fuel is needed. So unless you're pushing to the limits, a HPFP isn't going to help do anything, and again you need to "tune" the extra fuel anyways.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2020, 09:01 PM   #3
lixiang7349
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: customE50Tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooolone2 View Post
Apples and Oranges!

But that said, it's all relevant!

HPFP doesn't create any power in itself. And honestly, neither does a DP without tuning for the difference in airflow. Same goes for the HPFP, really only comes into play when exceeding boost spec and getting to a lean condition or static fueling, when more fuel is needed. So unless you're pushing to the limits, a HPFP isn't going to help do anything, and again you need to "tune" the extra fuel anyways.
I have bm3 tune.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 09:25 AM   #4
marcthedark
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i xdrive Convertible

The advantage/need for a hpfp on 93 is not clear. Some tuners say there is a gain while others are say there is no advantage (or they are still testing).
With 95+ or an E mix you can use the HPFP to avoid lean conditions and create a higher HP output.
BUT beside the above I would assume Stage 2 (aka DP) is always needed as the boost needs to be turned up to "make use" of the hpfp which might/should/is not healthy for a car with stock dp.
Appreciate 1
      10-27-2020, 10:10 PM   #5
B58_Ken240i
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

I have a Stage 2 installed on my 2017 M240i. I highly recommend it if you are trying to run heavy E85 blends. If you want serious gains then E85 blend + WMI kit is amazing!

On that note, I have tried full E85 however stopped due to tuning issues with timing. I think the LPFP needs to be upgraded to SAFELY run it for MY car. I have seen someone else say they had full E85 w/out problems but my GEN 1 B58 was not having it.

I recommend to spend the extra money and get stage 2, however many many people have been fine with the TU pump from supra and aftermarket adaptor for alot cheaper price.

Also, I thought BM3 had a way to code off the CEL for the DP? MHD does for my catless DP. Maybe reach out to tunner to see if they can code it?
Appreciate 2