THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Blue smoke send help lol

09-07-2020, 01:21 PM   #1
sebsand09
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M235i

N55 smoking after turbo and cat less dp install

So I just had a Dinan turbo installed along with a cat less downpipe and f87 muffler bypass. I'm getting blue smoke in decel and idle only after heavy pulls. Curious as to what might be causing the problem. Have a check engine light but the only code is for the transmission. I had a previous code suggesting a boost leak between the turbo and intake. My wheel bearings need to be replaced and that's not happening till this coming week due to the parts being on back order I'm guessing the lack of abs and proper speed readings is responsible for the transmission code.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 11:22 AM   #2
ShakDiesel
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i 6MT

Sounds like oil is leaking from the turbo housing into the turbo, most likely due to a bad turbo seal. Do you smell burning oil from the exhaust when it is idling?

I would talk to whoever you got the turbo from. That is not right from a brand new one
Appreciate 0