THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Change in CO2 ratings

05-31-2020, 09:37 AM   #1
Lucari
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 218 Convertible

Change in CO2 ratings

Hi

I ordered my car back in January. It’s a 218SE petrol auto. At the time, the co2 was 143 and the first year tax was £215. BMW must have updated the spec as it now shows the vehicle with a co2 of 182 at a cost of £870. That’s a heck of a jump. I’m not sure if this has been discussed already but I wonder if all the figures have been tweaked in light of the Mercedes cases going around !!!

** I’ve had a google and can’t find any details about when this happened. I assume the original figures were correct **

*** further digging and it looks BMW have switched to WLTP tests from NEDC on the 1st April. I was meant to get my car on the 30th March but the car got stuck in transit due to the Coronavirus lock down. So it’s now going to ‘cost’ me an extra £660. I think the lack of communication is the most annoying. Not sure where I stand legally as the paperwork I signed now doesn’t match costs ***

Richard

Last edited by Lucari; 05-31-2020 at 10:20 AM..
Appreciate 0