THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes EBC Yellow

06-01-2021, 02:45 PM   #1
kuzdu
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 M240i

EBC Yellow

Anyone running EBC Yellow stuff, gotta change these stock pads out and i was looking up some part numbers for it .

DP42130R
DP42133R

anyone install these sets?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2021, 02:47 PM   #2
kuzdu
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzdu View Post
Anyone running EBC Yellow stuff, gotta change these stock pads out and i was looking up some part numbers for it .

DP42130R
DP42133R

Actually just found this

The part numbers are:
REDSTUFF
EBC DP32130C- FRONT
EBC DP32133C- REAR

YELLOWSTUFF
EBC DP42130R- FRONT
EBC DP42133R- REAR

is this the same for the 240 as well?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2021, 02:57 PM   #3
Sail Boat
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:

DP42130R
DP42133R

I don't mean to throw off your plans, but I had Yellow Stuff pads on my M235i and I wouldn't recommend them. They're fine on the track, but super annoying for daily driving.

I think hawk HPS are far better and about the same price.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2021, 09:38 PM   #4
BeautyInMotionF22
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E36,E92,F22

I can confirm those red stuff part numbers. Im running them now and they are great on the street. I can't tell if they are an upgrade over the stock pads i replaced though
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 12:25 AM   #5
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Actually just found this

The part numbers are:
REDSTUFF
EBC DP32130C- FRONT
EBC DP32133C- REAR

YELLOWSTUFF
EBC DP42130R- FRONT
EBC DP42133R- REAR

is this the same for the 240 as well?
yes 235 and 240 have same brakes..
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 06:59 AM   #6
kuzdu
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sail Boat View Post
I don't mean to throw off your plans, but I had Yellow Stuff pads on my M235i and I wouldn't recommend them. They're fine on the track, but super annoying for daily driving.

I think hawk HPS are far better and about the same price.
Do the yellow squeal a lot? i need a pad that has a good bite and not to much fade. i had the red on my past car and it was pretty good, with all the mods i did not i need more stopping power.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 07:08 AM   #7
ngl
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i

I had yellow stuff, if you properly bed them they don't squeal. That is, they become silent after doing the heat treatment.
Quaife LSD | BC Racing Coilovers | H&R ARB | F8x LCA+TS | Wiechers Strutbar | Mishimoto CAI | Mishimoto Oil Cooler | Mishimoto Oil Catch Can | Mishimoto FMIC | VRSF DP | Masata TIC | Masata CP | DV+ | Custom Kline Exhaust | GTS Style Roll Cage | Sparco Evo QRT | Brey-Krause seat mounts | Schroth Profi 2 ASM 6p | 10" Android HU| xHP Stage3 | BM3 | RaceCapture Data Logger
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 07:22 AM   #8
kuzdu
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngl View Post
I had yellow stuff, if you properly bed them they don't squeal. That is, they become silent after doing the heat treatment.
cool, hows the pedal feel and bite?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 11:28 AM   #9
Sail Boat
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Do the yellow squeal a lot? i need a pad that has a good bite and not to much fade. i had the red on my past car and it was pretty good, with all the mods i did not i need more stopping power.
No, not really. Once in a while they might make a bit of noise, but nothing major. The problem with Yellows is that they are not a good street pad. Sure, they might be a slight improvement over stock, but not nearly as much of an improvement as HPS. I am curious about ngl's experience and whether or not they have tried a street-focused performance pad?

Make no mistake... a performance street pad will almost always stop better and faster than a track pad for daily/spirited street use. This is why most of us swap pads at the track and spend a lap warming them up. On that note, Yellows aren't even that great of a track pad... you get what you pay for.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 12:13 PM   #10
kuzdu
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
No, not really. Once in a while they might make a bit of noise, but nothing major. The problem with Yellows is that they are not a good street pad. Sure, they might be a slight improvement over stock, but not nearly as much of an improvement as HPS. I am curious about ngl's experience and whether or not they have tried a street-focused performance pad?

Make no mistake... a performance street pad will almost always stop better and faster than a track pad for daily/spirited street use. This is why most of us swap pads at the track and spend a lap warming them up. On that note, Yellows aren't even that great of a track pad... you get what you pay for.
Thanks for that info, I'm gonna look up the hawk HPS pads also how's the brake dust on them?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 12:15 PM   #11
kuzdu
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for that info, I'm gonna look up the hawk HPS pads also how's the brake dust on them?
Also is it the hawk performance street or the plus sports pad?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2021, 01:32 PM   #12
ngl
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i

Quote:
cool, hows the pedal feel and bite?
Better than stock pads.

Quote:
I am curious about ngl's experience and whether or not they have tried a street-focused performance pad?

Before yellowstuff I had only used OEM pads. I chose the EBC pads because I wanted something more track oriented after destroying a set of OEM (brembo) pads in one track day ( I think they overheated and disintegrated, there was nothing left on the metal plate ). I can't compare them with anything else yet.

I replaced them with Ferodo DS2500, but then the pandemic started and I can't yet comment on which is better on track, on street they feel the same. I can get the Ferodo for a lot cheaper so that's a plus.
Quaife LSD | BC Racing Coilovers | H&R ARB | F8x LCA+TS | Wiechers Strutbar | Mishimoto CAI | Mishimoto Oil Cooler | Mishimoto Oil Catch Can | Mishimoto FMIC | VRSF DP | Masata TIC | Masata CP | DV+ | Custom Kline Exhaust | GTS Style Roll Cage | Sparco Evo QRT | Brey-Krause seat mounts | Schroth Profi 2 ASM 6p | 10" Android HU| xHP Stage3 | BM3 | RaceCapture Data Logger
Appreciate 0