THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB M235i ticking noise light throttle

01-20-2021, 06:47 PM   #1
beyonce
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

M235i ticking noise light throttle

I hear a faint ticking sound during low throttle, under 3K rpms. It's relative to throttle input, it goes away as soon as I lift off the gas. The idle does seems to be a bit louder as well. It's not noticeably loud but I do notice it with windows up and music off.

Last edited by beyonce; 03-24-2021 at 03:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 02:07 AM   #2
Awn
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

i am facing a similar issue, in my case i would say that the exact description of the noise is "bird chirping"
it only goes off when stepping on the throttle and goes away when i lift off the throttle, it sounds like some metal rotating and chirping, took it to a professional garage and changed belt tensioner and belt but failed to fix, then mechanic recommended to change front brake pads which are not due yet, and i wont be trusting him anymore because of the first diagnose failure.
Now i am just living with it, however, noise is high when car is cold and gets lower when i drive over 20 mins or when driving hard, or maybe i just get used to it so it sounds lower, here is a couple of videos i took, could the same as yours, but not sure tho.