THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB Whirring sound at idle (first gear) which goes away when driving

07-18-2021, 02:04 AM   #1
n55f22
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Whirring sound at idle (first gear) which goes away when driving

Hey guys, seeking your input - 2014 M235i zf8 with 80,000kms. I ran over a big pothole earlier today and not sure if this is a coincidence.

When the car is at a stop (in first gear) there is a constant whirring sound which sounds like it's coming from the front of the steering wheel. The sound goes away when taking off and driving normally, or by shifting into second gear/park/reverse at a stop. The sound can't really be heard from the engine bay.

Besides the whirring noise at idle, the car drives perfectly and doesn't have any issues with shifting.

I have included a youtube link below - any guidance on where to start diagnosing would be appreciated.

Appreciate 0