THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics MATCH UP 8 DSP with BAVSOUND Speakers = WIN

03-09-2023, 03:17 AM   #1
dAPEX
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i with FBO

Garage List
2015 BMW m235i  [0.00]
Smile MATCH UP 8 DSP with BAVSOUND Speakers = WIN

Just wanted to give a shout out to this combination. My car came with the base HiFi option S676A with no tweeters. Sounded terrible as you all know. I initially bought the Bavsound coaxial speakers with the ghost underseat woofers which were a big improvement but I felt like I needed more. I didn't realize this before I bought the 676 upgrade but those speakers don't have much power handling capability (because they are supposed to be used with the stock crappy amp) so you can't upgrade the amp. (Bavsound doesn't offer an amp upgrade for the HiFi equipped F22). I ended up buying the HK tweeter wings and new rear deck grills (the stock 676 grills don't have an opening for the tweeter) from ebay and installed the Bavsound S674A upgrade with the separate tweeters. That combination with the stock amp wasn't great (way too much treble and not great bass). I looked into the Match UP 7BMW amp but wasn't able to find it anywhere in the US. I purchased one on ebay from the UK and the seller recommended I use the Match UP 8 DSP instead of the Match 7. The seller was able to supply the proper plug n' play harness with the Match UP 8 DSP so install was a breeze. They even loaded it with a tune they had used on previous 2 series cars and I have to say the amp made an enormous difference. I haven't done anything with the DSP other than what they loaded for me and it sounds great with the Bavsound S674A speakers and the 2 ohm underseat woofers. I would highly recommend this combination for anyone considering an amp upgrade. One major advantage of the Match up 8 amp is that it is compatible with more cars (and has an extra channel of amplification that isn't used on my car) so I can transfer it to my next vehicle. My understanding is that the Match 7 is more limited in that regard.

Cost was as follows:

MATCH UP 8 DSP with custom harness $805 USD (from allwoodaudio on ebay)
Rear deck shelf speaker covers $76
HK tweeter sails $139.85
Bavsound subs plus speakers $1498

Total: $2518.85

Total cost was steep but now I can actually enjoy listening to music in my car which is nice. I do wonder if the bavsound speakers are a little pricey for what you get but the combination does work well with this amp.
Appreciate 2
bitcore105.00
      04-12-2024, 10:26 PM   #2
atlas
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F10 535i, M2 LCI, G05 X5 40i

Thanks for the great feedback. Do you think you could share the tune file that they loaded on to the amp? I'm using the same one in my M2 but curious to see what changes they made.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 11:11 AM   #3
MarcoZandrini
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

The F22/F23 factory (separate) amps can be tuned via software. There's a discussion in this sub-forum that discusses using the factory tune from the 4 series.
Appreciate 0