THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Classifieds Members Classifieds Cars for Sale / Lease Takeover 2015 228i – 6MT, THP, M Sport

11-08-2022, 01:25 AM   #1
elemenohpee
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228i

2015 228i – 6MT, THP, M Sport

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
I'm going to moving a few times over the next year and have decided to sell this car rather than dealing with storage. I've owned it since August 2020 and it's been a great car that I just don't drive enough.

Other than keeping up with standard oil changes, I also had the brake fluid coolant flushed at 40,500 miles in May 2022 by BMW SF.

Overview
- 2015 228i
- 43xxx miles
- California car
- Manual 6 speed transmission
- Black Sapphire metallic
- Always garage kept
- Completely stock other than an Apple Carplay box
- Needs nothing

Track Handling Package
- M Sport adaptive suspension
- M Sport big brakes

M Sport Package
- M Sport seats
- M Sport leather steering wheel
- M Sport bumpers
- M Sport rear spoiler
- M Double Spoke style 461 wheels in ferric gray

Technology Package
- Navigation
- Bluetooth streaming
- Hard drive for storing music
- Instrument cluster display
- Bigger screen

Other
- Xenon headlights
- No moonroof
- Sensatec manual seats

Minor cons
- Light curb rash on the right side wheels
- Driver's seat has small tear on the bottom bolster
- There's a small crack in the corner of the iDrive display

Asking 24k. I'm located in San Francisco 94122, but I'm also willing to ship on your behalf and could help with arranging that.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-17-2022, 11:52 AM   #2
jokester5
Rep
Drives: BMW

I'm interested. Could you add additional photos of the imperfections you've listed in your description? More pictures in better lighting and contrasting background would be very helpful too. Do you have a carfax and service records available? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2022, 01:03 PM   #3
elemenohpee
United_States
Rep

Here's a Google Drive link with more photos and documents.

I have Carfax from when I purchased, but I don't have a recent one. It shows damage to the rear, which I believe was just a dent in the trunk lid that was there when I purchased it. I had it repaired by a pointless dent removal shop. It looks pretty much as a good as new, but if you know it's there, you can see a small pin sized mark in the paint.
Attached Images

Last edited by elemenohpee; 11-17-2022 at 01:05 PM.. Reason: added image
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2022, 02:58 PM   #4
jokester5
Rep
Drives: BMW

Thanks for providing the updated information. On the 5/21/2022 service invoice, it seems you requested a brake bleed/fluid refresh and coolant service. Was this service request a result of track maintenance? Was the car ever tracked? Was there a reason for the digital scope procedure as part of that service? Has the car ever been tuned? On the 04/17/22021 service invoice, the spark plug service was recommended but declined. Are plugs part of the 40K mile service? Lastly, is there a lien on the car? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2022, 03:22 PM   #5
elemenohpee
United_States
Rep

I don't believe the car has ever been tuned. It definitely wasn't when I purchased it and hasn't been tuned or modified since. I have also never tracked the car, though it's possible the previous owners have.

Brake bleed and coolant flush were just recommended maintenance from the previous time I had the car serviced. The digital scope procedure was just standard inspection according to the BMW dealer – I may have been oversold on that.

I believe the standard spark plug interval 60k. I'd probably change them out sooner, but I didn't want to have it done at the dealer ($$$). I haven't had them changed yet though.

No lien. I purchased the car with cash and own it outright.

Send me a dm with your contact info if you have more questions. I'm happy to give you more detailed descriptions of everything and answer any questions you might have.
Appreciate 0