THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Photos and Videos ▀▄ eas | M235Xi gets the Dinan P3 package

02-10-2017, 11:28 AM   #45
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken_Joe View Post
Why would you need AWD in California for is anyway.......
This. Cool car and all but why the hell would someone order a XI sports coupe for in California?!

Past: E92 M3, F87 M2, E39 M5, etc
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2017, 12:30 PM   #46
Fabs///M
Private
Rep
Drives: not a bmw lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by the6M3 View Post
Quote:
This. Cool car and all but why the hell would someone order a XI sports coupe for in California?!
Traction ....
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2017, 12:45 PM   #47
DSB335d
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 335d DSB/oyster&black/navi

Nice!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2017, 01:12 PM   #48
EvenKeel
Captain
Rep
Drives: Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripAndRip View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by auf Deutsch View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc3456 View Post
Don't hold your breath as Dinan mods are repeatedly the most disappointing when independently tested factoring the costs.
Price notwithstanding, this particular setup yields ~400 whp on an M235. That's about a ~90 whp increase over a stock car which traps 109 with 8AT. SO let's assume this will trap 116, a similar speed to a stock F8x M3/4 which everyone knows is pretty damn fast.

Now as far as cost is concerned, only the piggyback is far more expensive than competitors. The bolt-ons are similar to anything else on the market. With that high price, piece of mind is obtained. No other tuning company offers a factory matching warranty on its ECU tunes and hardware. Not having to worry about out-of-pocket costs on a 400 whp M235 is awesome. There's no need to email Terry pertaining to any issues and receiving a response asking the user to perform data logs. Some of us just don't need this kind of automotive stress in our lives.
Let me start by saying I love my Dinan flashed car. I bought it used at 50k. But your statement on similar prices for bolt on mods is so far from the truth it hurts. Compare a Dinan FMIC price to the price of a VRSF or Active Autowerks or really any other FMIC with similar core size and efficiency.

Dinan
$1235

VRSF 7"
$449

Just as a comparison. You are paying for the warranty, that is the price difference. Dinan is very expensive compared to its competition due to this very reason.
Dinan hasn't flashed your car.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2017, 01:19 PM   #49
kevin @ eas
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Quote:
Let me start by saying I love my Dinan flashed car. I bought it used at 50k. But your statement on similar prices for bolt on mods is so far from the truth it hurts. Compare a Dinan FMIC price to the price of a VRSF or Active Autowerks or really any other FMIC with similar core size and efficiency.

Dinan
$1235

VRSF 7"
$449

Just as a comparison. You are paying for the warranty, that is the price difference. Dinan is very expensive compared to its competition due to this very reason.
The price difference is more than just the warranty. Dinan is made in the U.S. vs other intercoolers which are overseas. Also Dinan parts go through CARB testing. In CA its a big bonus staying emission complaint when it comes to smog. Dont have to hassle removing and reinstalling stock parts to pass smog.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 3
BMWZ41904.00
chief207.00
      02-10-2017, 01:52 PM   #50
GripAndRip
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335xi Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin @ eas View Post
Quote:

Dinan
$1235

VRSF 7"
$449

The price difference is more than just the warranty. Dinan is made in the U.S. vs other intercoolers which are overseas. Also Dinan parts go through CARB testing. In CA its a big bonus staying emission complaint when it comes to smog. Dont have to hassle removing and reinstalling stock parts to pass smog.
I don't doubt there are reasons for it being more expensive and for people deciding to go Dinan over others. Just as there are reasons people decide to go without Dinan, it is the individuals goals/desires and needs that drive the decision. Performance isn't really one of them when choosing between Dinan and a less expensive option considering they perform at the same level. My point is that saying their components cost as much as other options is ludicrous.

Also, are you really saying that a non-dinan FMIC is going to cause emissions issues? The Dinan intercooler is just a modified spearco intercooler isn't it? The FMIC shouldn't even have an effect on emissions. I can understand why Dinan doesn't offer things that do affect it, like a catless downpipe.

Lastly, I'm in no way saying the owner made a mistake. He reached his goals taking the path he wanted to take. He had his reasons or parameters for choosing Dinan and that in no way makes him "wrong" or ignorant or foolish. Too often people take shots at those that choose Dinan. Dinan has great products. They are expensive, but they are quality and they perform well. His car is awesome and he made a good choice based on what he probably wanted
      02-10-2017, 02:06 PM   #51
GripAndRip
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenKeel View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc3456 View Post
Don't hold your breath as Dinan mods are repeatedly the most disappointing when independently tested factoring the costs.
Price notwithstanding, this particular setup yields ~400 whp on an M235. That's about a ~90 whp increase over a stock car which traps 109 with 8AT. SO let's assume this will trap 116, a similar speed to a stock F8x M3/4 which everyone knows is pretty damn fast.

Now as far as cost is concerned, only the piggyback is far more expensive than competitors. The bolt-ons are similar to anything else on the market. With that high price, piece of mind is obtained. No other tuning company offers a factory matching warranty on its ECU tunes and hardware. Not having to worry about out-of-pocket costs on a 400 whp M235 is awesome. There's no need to email Terry pertaining to any issues and receiving a response asking the user to perform data logs. Some of us just don't need this kind of automotive stress in our lives.

Dinan
$1235

VRSF 7"
$449

Dinan hasn't flashed your car.
What are you talking about? I drive an e90 335xi and yes it is flashed? I'm targeting 12-13 PSI boost and making that. Stock is 9. Stage 3 is 14.
      02-10-2017, 02:14 PM   #52
ReeferCheefer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i,335i,335xi,328dx, 535i

Garage List
2008 E90 Montego  [0.00]
2022 s1000rr  [0.00]
2016 S1000RR  [0.00]
2011 535i xdrive  [0.00]
for that much money id want to the clamps and bolts on the air box to be carbon let alone the box
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2017, 02:28 PM   #53
kevin @ eas
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Quote:
Also, are you really saying that a non-dinan FMIC is going to cause emissions issues? The Dinan intercooler is just a modified spearco intercooler isn't it? The FMIC shouldn't even have an effect on emissions. I can understand why Dinan doesn't offer things that do affect it, like a catless downpipe.
Correct the FMIC shouldnt have an effect either way on emissions. A VRSF intercooler would have the same tail pipe emissions and the Dinan. The CARB approval process isnt cheap though for vendors to go through. Thats why many dont go through the approval process. It just helps give it an extra bonus to stay emissions complaint.

As for being a Spearco intercooler, I havent heard that before.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2017, 02:57 PM   #54
GripAndRip
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Correct the FMIC shouldnt have an effect either way on emissions. A VRSF intercooler would have the same tail pipe emissions and the Dinan. The CARB approval process isnt cheap though for vendors to go through. Thats why many dont go through the approval process. It just helps give it an extra bonus to stay emissions complaint.

As for being a Spearco intercooler, I havent heard that before.
I've read that all over the e90post forums. Regardless, the driver has an amazing build now!
      02-10-2017, 03:06 PM   #55
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
money blah blah, it's his car and his money. Awesome job man! Those are some high quality parts and that thing should move.
Appreciate 1
BMWZ41904.00
      02-10-2017, 03:13 PM   #56
bcjbmwm3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunker View Post
how much MPG loss are you noticing after 6 months? I've been considering a DINAN package myself, but this car already chugs fuel around town (because I don't drive it nicely - ), and it has a gastank the size of a thimble.
I havent really noticed any mpg loss. If you drive the car normally its fine. I get around the same mpgs as i did before the kit.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2017, 03:17 PM   #57
bcjbmwm3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
They work on the xDrive cars. Not sure who is telling you otherwise but they are wrong.

To the OP--- Enjoy the car to its fullest. The M235i Stage 4 and M2 Stage 4 have been my favorite cars to tool around with since I have been at Dinan. M2 getting the edge--- namely for sound, but both have the characteristics of just being a fun car that's fun to throw around corners and straightaways alike. They really do harken back to what BMW used to be, and is known for, closer then anything else in recent memory (1M aside).
Thanks for the correction about the camper plates. I was mistaken, I was thinking of the anti roll bars, correct me if I'm wrong they don't work on the xdrive cars. Do you know why there only for the Rwd cars?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2017, 04:04 PM   #58
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjbmwm3 View Post
Thanks for the correction about the camper plates. I was mistaken, I was thinking of the anti roll bars, correct me if I'm wrong they don't work on the xdrive cars. Do you know why there only for the Rwd cars?
Sell 2 different sway bar kits (one for xDrive and one for RWD). While the rear bar is the same for both kits the front bar differs between the two.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2017, 04:32 PM   #59
InsideMan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu View Post
Quote:
Dinan's carbon fiber intake not only looks cool but it also adds 10 horsepower and 15 ft. lbs of torque
10 hp from an intake sounds like a fairy tale

Quote:
The best part of all is that long-term reliability is not affected by these warrantied upgrades.
wonder how Dinan can make a statement like the long-term reliability is not affected... when it's adding like 130 more hp....

I get the warranty on the parts... but saying the car after 10 years will have the same reliability than a stock car... is a bit too much in my opinion..
Have you had any issues with your M235i P3 package? If you are, let Dinan know...
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2017, 05:04 PM   #60
StealYourFace
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M 6mt, E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by the6M3 View Post
I live in a notoriously snowy climate and would not order an xi. Snowtires are all thats needed. Added mechanical complexity, weight, and what those two bring along make an AWD car bmw make no sense, unless you have to go up very steep grades from a standstill - the local dot would typically treat such roads very well though.

None the less net car. I love the 2er.
      02-10-2017, 06:58 PM   #61
Chicken_Joe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i M Sport. EB 6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipphreak View Post
Great pictures! That carbon intake is hawt. The Dinan tune is huge compared to the JB4, it must be wicked smart!

I've got those same springs waiting for me to install them in my XI.

But wait no camba plates ??? Bought everything else!!
From my understanding the camber plates dont fit the all wheel drive models.
To race people off red lights, duh
Top kek *laughs in launch control*
13' 335i M Sport. EBII/Coral Red 6MT. RPI GT exhaust, Resonator delete, PS1, GFB DV , BM3 Stage 2, ER CP, VRSF DP, VRSF 5.5in Stepped FMIC, Dinan Shockware. Carbon M Performance rear diffuser. M4 trunk lip. Conti DWS06 225/40/19 and 255/35/19
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2017, 11:42 PM   #62
Drpoomanchu
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M235i Man FBO

Quote:

Dinan's carbon fiber intake not only looks cool but it also adds 10 horsepower and 15 ft. lbs of torque with a larger air box, filter and, MAF. The intake also amplifies the induction noise with a more aggressive tone. Dinan's stainless steel free-flow exhaust with the ceramic black tips adds an additional 6 horsepower and 5 ft lbs. and makes the car sound even meaner out the back. It also features a Helmholtz chamber that reduces drone to provide a pleasant driving experience. The Dinan high-performance dual core intercooler offers gains of 15 horsepower and 13 ft lbs and a 240% increase in the face area over stock for maximum cooling efficiency. That upgrade is sure to keep your engine well cooled during an intense track day. All the above upgrades in conjunction with Dinan's Stage 4 Performance Tuner plus the Dinan Big Turbo brings the final output to a mighty 455 horsepower and a road-punishing 455 ft lbs of torque. The best part of all is that long-term reliability is not affected by these warrantied upgrades.
I would love to see before and after Dyno pulls....

Thats allot of coin per HP gained, but all in all nice car and congrats.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2017, 01:51 AM   #63
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

Quote:
There's no need to email Terry pertaining to any issues and receiving a response asking the user to perform data logs. Some of us just don't need this kind of automotive stress in our lives.
This.
      02-11-2017, 07:13 AM   #64
No Boost
enthusiasm > practicality
United_States
Rep
Drives: 987 CS | G35x

Garage List
Quote:

Dinan
$1235

VRSF 7"
$449

M2 and M235 intercooler lists for $953. You must be quoting your specific IC.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2017, 10:17 AM   #65
GripAndRip
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stage IV View Post
Quote:

Dinan
$1235

VRSF 7"
$449

M2 and M235 intercooler lists for $953. You must be quoting your specific IC.
I am. I'm showing the prices specifically for the e90 platform. Also if anyone is wondering.... someone oddly said my car isn't flashed. Don't be confused... the e90 platform is flash tuned by Dinan. My car doesn't have their piggyback option.

Also if anyone is still questioning the spearco comment, at least for the e90 platform...use google... type Dinan Spearco. Besides googling it, maybe Dinan Engineering can answer it themselves. It's all over the e90 forums.
      02-11-2017, 12:29 PM   #66
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSB335d View Post
Nice!
For $10K you could buy a nice motorcycle that will get to 60 MPH much quicker
Appreciate 0