THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB brake and DSC warning lights

01-19-2023, 01:45 PM   #1
smchuck
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

brake and DSC warning lights

Both the brake and DSC warning lights came on. The DSC warning said drive cautiously while the brake warning said stop carefully, call for service. It turns out the brake fluid level was just a bit low and after adding a bit of brake fluid all was good. DSC can't do its job without good brakes so the DSC warning makes sense. I'll keep a look out leaks and keep an eye on the fluid level.

My question is this. Did the system know that the fluid was low and that is why I got a brake warning or does low fluid trigger some other sensor and that triggers the warning? I'm wondering because if the system knows the fluid is low then why doesn't the warning say "brake fluid low"? Wonder what a scan would have told me?
Appreciate 0