THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB Tank Vent System 2nd discharge point malfunction..

10-14-2022, 09:48 PM   #1
kennungesser
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i Xdrive

Tank Vent System 2nd discharge point malfunction..

2017 M240i xDrive.
So in August I had the codes:

191C02 (Tank vent system 2nd discharge point malfunction)
And
190F08 (Tank Vent system malfunction)

Engine light on and the car would idle rough after fill up, but after a few miles it would run fine, however the light was still on. Did some searching around and it seemed like the Fuel Tank Breather Valve was the culprit. Right before I was about to order the part ( 13907643106) the light went out, and it seemed like the codes were gone. Now it is October and the last 2 weeks engine light again, same codes however the car ran fine before and after fill up. I ordered the part, it came in Thursday of this week. I was going to replace it tomorrow (Saturday) Wouldn't you know it, after 1 day shy of exactly two weeks, the light went out, however the codes persist. So...is the part good, bad, or dying? Should I replace it anyway? The car has only 40,674 miles on her. Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2022, 10:58 AM   #2
kennungesser
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i Xdrive

Well, since I had the part, and it was a super easy thing to do, I changed it anyway. Now this may be a placebo but the car seems MUCH better. Noticeable improvement at start up, idle, noticeable improvement in execration from a stop and while cruising it seemed much smoother and responsive. Thinking that this was slowly going bad over time, and I never really noticed how bad until it was replaced. Also no CEL light.
Appreciate 1
jzeiler4318.50
      03-15-2024, 08:10 AM   #3
ezrabmw
Rep
Drives: 2017 bmw 530i

you are a life saver

Hey man i am getting the same code like you for a year now cant figure it out what it is, i think your post might have solved it.

Just few quick questions for you I am also having a missfire during traffic on cylinder 2 a lot and a bit on cylinderr 1 and 4. tracking through bimmerlink

Also when ever i turn the car on when the idle starts going down it the car shakes at 0.9 rpm 0.8 rpm then settles and stays at 0.7 rpm was having issues after fueling the car too the car would have issues starting.

Will be getting the part you advised today to see if it fixes the whole issue.
Appreciate 0