THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Classifieds Commercial Classifieds BMWs for Sale / Lease 2016 M235i (8spd auto) 56k MI for sale

08-22-2021, 03:45 PM   #1
waxfigure
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i

2016 M235i (8spd auto) 56k MI for sale

Here’s the car’s life story with me as the owner:

I financed the car around July/August of 2019 from Irvine BMW as CPO (makes me the 2nd owner after the original lease owner, it was a middle-aged lady that leased the car) The car has full options minus the useless HK speakers.

I barely drove the car in 2020 due to Covid/work from home/getting into motorcycles (put about 18k miles on my motorcycle last year). I don’t think I will have as much fun in a car as I do on a motorcycle unless the car is at least on the level of 911.

I got into a motorcycle accident on May 22nd this year, which forced me to get back into cars, which lead me to go BM3 stage 1 last month. Then I ended up getting paid out by my insurance this week (much quicker than expected) and bought a new bike today so I want to get rid of the car now.

I literally got all the fluids flushed, new tires, spark plugs, charge pipe, and BM3 stage 1 tune (91 ACN) last month because I did not expect to win my motorcycle accident case and get paid out so quickly. Now I feel like I wasted so much money trying to do all the preventative maintenance for a car that I’m gonna end up selling… I did originally plan to keep the car until it died… But it is what it is. I don’t want to be paying $553 every month for a car that I don’t ride or no longer have fun in (It literally was a blast with BM3 tune for the last two weeks but after getting the new bike today, I don’t want to drive again).

This car has never been tracked (I’m not that good of a driver anyway lol). The hardest it's ever been driven was at Angeles Crest and Ortega Hwy (even then, I was never able to drive this car as hard as my FRS because the car is so heavy and brakes are too expensive so I never wanted to brake hard lol).

Cosmetic mods: black grill & red start/stop button.

All the maintenance & services were done by Irvine BMW, Nick Alexander BMW, and SSR Performance. I saved every single service history/paperwork for the car.

Here’s what I’ve done in 2years/18k miles of owning the car:

-Front & rear brake rotors and pads are pretty much brand new because I didn’t drive it much after I replaced it.
-New Stock Michelin PSS (star) tires. Just got them three weeks ago.
-Engine Oil was replaced total 3 times (the most recent one was two weeks ago. I replace it every 5~6k miles).
-Brake Flush, was done around February this year.
-Front lower control arms both sides, replaced due to worn out bushings (was done earlier this year as well)
-Coolant Flush, done at the same time as brake flush in February.
-VRSF Charge Pipe (you know the common charge pipe blow issue, I did it as preventative maintenance before I went BM3 stage 1) this was done about 3-5 weeks ago
-Drive Belt / Tensioner / Pulley (did it three weeks ago. This is the only maintenance to the car that I did myself)
-NGK Step Colder spark plugs (done around 3~5 weeks ago before I went BM3)
-Differential Fluid flush
-Transmission Flush
-BM3 Stage 1 tune
-New Cabin air filter
-New Intake air filter
-When I went in for the oil change/diff flush / trans flush last week to Nick Alexander BMW, they did a full inspection of the car and everything was in perfect condition.

Total “preventive maintenance/service intervals” cost me around $7,000 (again, I have ALL the maintenance history) in 2 years of owning the car. The car should run without any issues for at least the next ~30k miles - no other services needed aside from engine oil change every 10k miles (though I'd recommend every 5k miles if you want to keep the car long term).

Higher mileage m235i's are going for ridiculous prices right now in the market and I know for a fact none of them were as well maintained as mine (for example, I only put Shell and Chevron gas for the entire time I owned the car & I get touchless car wash every single weekend… I have OCD like that with cars/motorcycles) where everything has to be in perfect condition at all times whether its cosmetic or maintenance. Even the engine bay is cleaned once a week.

I've included all the minor scratches I have on the car including one on the front bumper, rear bumper, and the idrive console - so that there are no surprises after buying the car.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/ws...373812477.html

Please PM me for any questions.
Attached Images

Last edited by waxfigure; 08-31-2021 at 07:10 PM..
Appreciate 0