THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition Your Favorite Protein Powders

08-29-2022, 12:21 PM   #23
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenBimmer View Post
Switched to myprotein less than a year ago and love it. They more than doubled their prices in the past year so I only buy when I get emails with 40-50% discount which they usually send every 1-2 weeks.
Yeah same thing - It use to be so cheap, but they have definitely increased substantially. I just keep my eyes peeled for the big discounts then load up.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2023, 02:20 PM   #24
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

I stop using the Optimum Nutrition, as they are no longer organic - so who knows what GMO, and synthetic garbage and fillers are now in it.

Instead, I’ve been buying the Orgain Organic Protein at Costco. Recommended
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2023, 08:57 PM   #25
burro_blasta
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 535 M Sport

A buddy just recommended t nation, anyone use them?
      02-04-2023, 09:19 PM   #26
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro_blasta View Post
A buddy just recommended t nation, anyone use them?
I would stick with the organic stuff personally. All these fly by night brands use fillers and artificial ingredients. Give your body things it can break down naturally.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2023, 09:21 PM   #27
burro_blasta
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 535 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
I would stick with the organic stuff personally. All these fly by night brands use fillers and artificial ingredients. Give your body things it can break down naturally.
I guess I should say Biotest, which is t nation's supplement brand...doesn't seem fly by night at all? I'd heard of it just never got supplements anywhere but gnc before
      02-24-2023, 01:17 PM   #28
No Boost
enthusiasm > practicality
United_States
Rep
Drives: 987 CS | G35x

Garage List
Pea protein. One ingredient, fantastic amino acid profile.

https://www.amazon.com/Protein-Powde...grid_rp_0_14_t
Appreciate 1
      02-26-2023, 07:05 AM   #29
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Boost View Post
Pea protein. One ingredient, fantastic amino acid profile.

https://www.amazon.com/Protein-Powde...grid_rp_0_14_t
I've tried this in the past - not this exact brand though, I am going to buy this next I think. Thank you.

I have a container of Ghost Whey on order, once I finish the nutter butter Ghost Whey, I'll try the pea protein. I'm sure the flavors will NOT be similar I am more into quality than taste though.... most of the time .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 1
No Boost4019.00
      02-26-2023, 07:21 AM   #30
Housekeeping
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

I’m surprised no one has mentioned Naked Whey, we’re loving it and really like that it’s pure and doesn’t contain sucralose like most. That stuff ought to be outlawed.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2023, 11:10 AM   #31
No Boost
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
I've tried this in the past - not this exact brand though, I am going to buy this next I think. Thank you.

I have a container of Ghost Whey on order, once I finish the nutter butter Ghost Whey, I'll try the pea protein. I'm sure the flavors will NOT be similar I am more into quality than taste though.... most of the time .
Yeah, it certainly isn't sweet but at the same time, it's not gag inducing either. Your palette will adapt, I'm sure. Agreed, quality over taste is paramount! I love reading the Amazon questions and reviews on protein powders/bars. "How does it taste?....I love the flavor....etc." Its as if these people are buying this stuff, which isn't cheap, just to satisfy their sweet tooth. Disclaimer: I add Brussels sprouts, kale, broccoli, mushrooms, and turmeric so I'm an outlier as to what people are able to stomach.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2023, 11:11 AM   #32
No Boost
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sy1616 View Post
I’m surprised no one has mentioned Naked Whey, we’re loving it and really like that it’s pure and doesn’t contain sucralose like most. That stuff ought to be outlawed.
If it weren't for the bloating I get from whey, that right there would be tops on my list.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2023, 01:26 PM   #33
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I've tried NAKED before and I forget why but I found it tough to drink....

Quote:
Disclaimer: I add Brussels sprouts, kale, broccoli, mushrooms, and turmeric so I'm an outlier as to what people are able to stomach.

You add brussels sprouts, broccoli, mushrooms and turmeric to what exactly my guy?

Quote:
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2023, 03:01 PM   #34
No Boost
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I've tried NAKED before and I forget why but I found it tough to drink....

You add brussels sprouts, broccoli, mushrooms and turmeric to what exactly my guy?
To my shake that includes the pea protein powder. First meal of the day, usually around 11 am. Ill be 48 soon and am trying my best not to get old
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2023, 04:19 PM   #35
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
To my shake that includes the pea protein powder. First meal of the day, usually around 11 am. Ill be 48 soon and am trying my best not to get old

I have a pretty elaborate smoothie recipes, but I'll be damned if it includes broccoli or brussels sprouts, mushrooms.... I do celery, carrots, orange, blueberries, banana, oatmeal, pumpkin, hemp hearts, etc. As you can see, mine has more sugar, yours is definitely very healthy, does it taste beyond gross or what?

Not sure why these protein companies cant use stevia instead of sucralose.

Quote:
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2023, 05:14 PM   #36
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Been eating a new breakfast lately and it's pretty fantastic tasting. Basically overnight oats made with a protein shake:

150g milk of choice (Oatly for me)
50g water
34g protein powder (PE Select for me)
16g peanut butter

Blend then add to

80g oats (I love the texture of whole rolled oats)

mix well and let sit overnight, enjoy the next morning
      02-28-2023, 09:14 AM   #37
No Boost
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

I have a pretty elaborate smoothie recipes, but I'll be damned if it includes broccoli or brussels sprouts, mushrooms.... I do celery, carrots, orange, blueberries, banana, oatmeal, pumpkin, hemp hearts, etc. As you can see, mine has more sugar, yours is definitely very healthy, does it taste beyond gross or what?

Not sure why these protein companies cant use stevia instead of sucralose.
these items (as well as kale) help raise testosterone so I focus on them.
Appreciate 1
      02-28-2023, 09:31 AM   #38
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

I dropped Optimum Nutrition and many others long ago. Too many fillers, GMO, and other trash in there. I exclusively use PROMIX unflavored whey protein isolate. I also stay away from flavors because they often taste too synthetic and just add more "stuff" and rob you of the actual product. The whey protein isolate is also very easy to digest and that's important to me because I'm lactose intolerant.

https://promixnutrition.com/products...rotein-isolate
      02-28-2023, 09:36 AM   #39
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
I dropped Optimum Nutrition and many others long ago. Too many fillers, GMO, and other trash in there. I exclusively use PROMIX unflavored whey protein isolate. I also stay away from flavors because they often taste too synthetic and just add more "stuff" and rob you of the actual product. The whey protein isolate is also very easy to digest and that's important to me because I'm lactose intolerant.

https://promixnutrition.com/products...rotein-isolate
I used Optimum Nutrition’s Plant based protein for a while, it was organic until recently. I’m using the Orgain brand now (organic obviously)
I would prefer a plant based alternative- they seem easy to digest, and are smooth and go well with Almond milk. (sprouts organic Almond milk)
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2023, 10:23 AM   #40
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I used Optimum Nutrition’s Plant based protein for a while, it was organic until recently. I’m using the Orgain brand now (organic obviously)
I would prefer a plant based alternative- they seem easy to digest, and are smooth and go well with Almond milk. (sprouts organic Almond milk)
The plant based proteins blend terribly for me in a BB. If I toss it in the blender it's fine but that's too much work when I want to grab and go.
Appreciate 1
      02-28-2023, 10:29 AM   #41
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
The plant based proteins blend terribly for me in a BB. If I toss it in the blender it's fine but that's too much work when I want to grab and go.
Do the liquid first THEN add the protein.

My normal smoothie is ice, frozen fruit mix, oats, almond milk, proteins and peanut butter. Skip the ice if your not using the blender. I have a Ninja and can do that really quickly in a single cup and change the cap.
      02-28-2023, 11:39 AM   #42
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Do the liquid first THEN add the protein.

My normal smoothie is ice, frozen fruit mix, oats, almond milk, proteins and peanut butter. Skip the ice if your not using the blender. I have a Ninja and can do that really quickly in a single cup and change the cap.
That's how I always make my shakes in a BB. Always liquid first and then protein. If you add the protein first, it will cake and then you'll never be able to get the consistency right. It's something about the formulation of plant based protein that is different from whey. Not sure what it is, but the consistency is always weird to me when I blend it. It's more tolerable in a blender but it's never smooth.
      03-05-2023, 08:19 PM   #43
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Any thoughts on Isopure? I've been using it for years but willing to change to something "better".

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 1
      03-06-2023, 03:07 PM   #44
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep

^ https://barbend.com/isopure-vs-dymatize/

I'm using ISO Dynamic Protein + Ghost protein right now....

As already pointed out - you have to blend your smoothie first then add the protein to mix it in gently.

Quote:
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0