THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Active Tourer Discussions Erroneous alert for rear seat belts

09-09-2015, 09:51 AM   #1
Colin from Oz
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Active Tourer 218i Luxury Auto

Erroneous alert for rear seat belts

Hello, I have just received my new Active Tourer (218i Auto Lux).

When I start the car, the rear seat belt three warning "lights" are red on the driver's console, showing all three seat belts not attached.

There are no passengers and no weight on the rear seats.
When I attach all the rear belts, the lights are green for a few seconds.
If I don't attach them, then I get the three red "lights" for over 30 seconds.

Has anyone else had this problem. I have asked the garage about it and am still waiting for their reply after several days ... I'm about to remind them, of course.

Thanks for anything you can share on this. It seems like the sensors in the rear seats are not working and detect weight, when there isn't any.

Apart from that and some small scratches on the interior trim, it seems to be a good car (500km so far).

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2015, 03:31 AM   #2
Colin from Oz
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Active Tourer 218i Luxury Auto

Mmmm... nobody out there reading this with an Active Tourer? I have responses on the French BMW forum that appear to indicate this is normal function. I still have doubts - Any of you guys/gals support that idea from your own Active Tourer experience?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2015, 03:58 AM   #3
aandre
Rep
Drives: 218d luxury AT

Colin, I've not noticed this problem. I have two kids who are in and out of the rear seat area all the time. We keep their boosters on the rear seat even when they aren't in the car and I don't recall the sensors detecting this small weight. I'll take a closer look this weekend and let you know if any different.

Separately, have you notice a significant volume difference between CD and radio? CDs are noticeably quieter in my AT. I have the BMW Advanced Loudspeaker System (676) which is not very common and wondering if there is a fault.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2015, 07:41 AM   #4
aandre
Rep
Drives: 218d luxury AT

Colin, please disregard my above post. The three red rear seat lights do indeed stay on for 40 seconds after start. They go to green when the rear belts are connected. This is with no stuff or people in the rear seat area. So must be normal. Maybe intendedt to be a way for parents to see that the kids are buckled in without turning around?

Last edited by aandre; 09-13-2015 at 07:42 AM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2022, 11:39 AM   #5
aidan_20
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin from Oz View Post
Hello, I have just received my new Active Tourer (218i Auto Lux).

When I start the car, the rear seat belt three warning "lights" are red on the driver's console, showing all three seat belts not attached.

There are no passengers and no weight on the rear seats.
When I attach all the rear belts, the lights are green for a few seconds.
If I don't attach them, then I get the three red "lights" for over 30 seconds.

Has anyone else had this problem. I have asked the garage about it and am still waiting for their reply after several days ... I'm about to remind them, of course.

Thanks for anything you can share on this. It seems like the sensors in the rear seats are not working and detect weight, when there isn't any.

Apart from that and some small scratches on the interior trim, it seems to be a good car (500km so far).

Thanks.
There is no sensors in the rear, it is just to remind you, it is on my 2017 320d, it also chimes and shows on the screen if an buckled rear passenger undoes their seatbelt.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2022, 06:05 PM   #6
oakey46
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 A/T 220i Lux Auto 1.5

It is a standard facility shown on start-up. I also had the same on my X1 (F48). So nothing to be concerned about. And what you describe about the current 2Series Active Tourer (U06) front and rear seat belt sensors is simply a check system.

Last edited by oakey46; 05-02-2022 at 05:59 PM..
Appreciate 0