THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Humming noise at higher speed while steering is turned

01-21-2023, 08:50 PM   #1
BHR388
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw

Humming noise at higher speed while steering is turned

have a humming noise above 50-60 thought it was left front wheel bearing changed it with new oem bearing noise still there got a lot better but as before if i just slightly turn the wheel to the right you can hear a faint hum turning to left is silent. its not a steady hum but a hum, hum, hum

this is why i changed to the left side bc i thought when im turning the wheel to the right the left dips down forcing weight on left side more

im debating if i should buy another and do the right front or if its something else like the front diff car is silent while going straight prior to the left front change the humming was present with wheel straight and was louder while turning right, very little input to the wheel is required to produce it just a few degrees to the right while going above 50

car is 2019 230i awd with only 17k miles

left front bearing removed has a slight grinding noise when spun free handed no play though car has had all wheels refinished im assuming previous owner hit pot holes or curbs which damaged the bearings

i just never seen diff, trans, or tire problems cause humming only while turning the wheel

any advise or what else to check would be appreciated
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2023, 06:38 PM   #2
BHR388
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw

replaced the right side problem solved no noise, loading the suspension doesnt tell you what side it is im starting to think it was just the right side all along, oh well i'll leave at least it has two new bearings up front
Appreciate 1