THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Bootmod3 question: 9.3.6 Ignition Coils/ DI Fuel injectors

12-13-2022, 04:05 PM   #1
Catbacker
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M235i

Bootmod3 question: 9.3.6 Ignition Coils/ DI Fuel injectors

One of the Bootmod3 map options is for Precision Racewerks ignition coils. I have Dinan N-Series performance coils. Is this setting only for the PR coils or for all non-OEM performance coils?

Thanks! Scott
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2022, 05:33 PM   #2
jb-slow
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m235i

I would assume it's specific for a reason. Precision race works coils are Chevy LS based coils.
Appreciate 1
      12-23-2022, 09:43 AM   #3
Lingling
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbacker View Post
One of the Bootmod3 map options is for Precision Racewerks ignition coils. I have Dinan N-Series performance coils. Is this setting only for the PR coils or for all non-OEM performance coils?

Thanks! Scott
Hey so I also run the N-series ignition coils from Dinan. No modification needs to be done within the tune it’ll operate as “OEM” in settings. The options you see in Bootmod3 are for PR coils - which are specific to the PR ignition coil Kit and Nexsys Coils - which are specific to the Nexsys kit that retrofits B58 style ignition coils to the N55. I hope this helps if you need any additional information let me know.