THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics B58 (M240i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning CEL P0133 O2 Circuit Slow

02-24-2021, 09:36 AM   #1
f22b58
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

CEL P0133 O2 Circuit Slow

I got my first check engine light. P0133 O2 Circuit Slow response. Bank 1, Sensor 1. Pre Cat O2 sensor.

How to check and clear your codes? I would like to clear this once myself and see if it comes back. I used BootMod's app once before to check and clear a code when I had a license and an account. I tried Bimmerlink this time and after getting it connected it scanned and told me I had a DME error but then wanted me to buy the full version to see what it really was. So, I went to my auto parts store, OReilys, and they scanned and told me the code. I have an appt. with BMW service this morning. With so much diagnostic information available from this car it is frustrating that it does not give it up easy and I have to make a dealer visit.

I found out you can get two types of check engine lights. Orange, Solid; probably emissions related and okay to drive on. Red, flashing; do not drive, take in for service.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2021, 02:42 PM   #2
f22b58
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

My dealership ordered a new O2 sensor, which they do not have in stock. So, I get an X1 fdrive 28i which drives like a Ford Escape or any other small CUV; Asian or American. Glad this happened with the stock downpipe installed.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 08:27 AM   #3
MarcoZandrini
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

The consensus is that the OBDFusion app is the best app out there. It allows you to read/clear codes, log all sorts of data. The data can them be exported for analysis in Excel. It comes in iOS and Android flavors. iOS uses a wifi interface adapter, while android uses a bluetooth adapter. The adapter plugs into the obd2 port under the dash.
Appreciate 0