THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Classifieds Members Classifieds Cars for Sale / Lease Takeover 15 M235i coupe 6MT white/red 24k mi

01-15-2021, 08:27 PM   #1
amesser325
Rep
Drives: 15 M235i

15 M235i coupe 6MT white/red 24k mi

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Hey all, I decided that I need to get back to a bigger car that hauls a lot of ass (*cough* E61 with an S85 swap *cough*) so I'm selling my 2015 M235i slicktop coupe 6MT, Alpine White/Coral Red, 24k miles. Premium, Cold Weather, Driver Assistance, Technology packs

Pics located in a google photo drive here.
It's what I would consider an enthusiast's spec, with adaptive M suspension, sport/heated seats, Adaptive HID, high line iDrive, Harmon/Kardon, PDC, gloss shadowline trim, M gloss kidney grills, M tech black headliner, and no sunroof for you tall guys out there. I added the M Performance Limited Slip Diff about 7k mi ago. It comes with Style 396 in silver with Michelin X-Ice XI3 9/32 tread left

I added a few items, noted here:
- M lighted shifter, E34 M5 Hurricane cloth shift and e-brake boots
- factory alarm
- factory wiring for trailer hitch. This detects a trailer and disables rear PDC
- factory weather tech mats + color keyed trunk mat
- aux rear facing LED backup light
- 3M matte black wrap of aluminum trim bits inside as well as gloss black wrapped side mirrors

A few notes on the items I added:
The lighted shift knob can be disconnected if you want to remove it, as I utilized a factory connector. I will supply the factory knob and leather boots if you don't like the hurricane cloth (but you will, because it's awesome)
I used the hitch for a bike rack but it would work for a track wheel trailer too. The hitch does not come with. Though It was a factory hitch and is rated around 3500 lb but I would not recommend using it for anything other than tires or other light items. The disarming of PDC was magical the first time I put it in reverse and did not get the annoying PDC tone with a bike rack on it!
I have a 90 degree turn in my driveway and early winter morning visibility is not ideal. I didn't want to always have the aux reverse light turn on so I made a basic logic circuit that uses reverse and the rear fog switch for series triggers. Both must be on to turn on the light. The LED is a 6" Diode Dynamics flood. You can see in the pics how much light it throws. The brackets use existing body mounts so no holes drilled if you want to remove it.
I never liked the grey side mirror covers nor the aluminum trim inside so I tried a few rounds of 3M wrap in gloss (mirrors) and matte (interior trim). If you don't like the black you can just peel it to revert to stock
I'll include the factory carpet mats

Maintenance: I'm an absolute nut about maintenance - I've been doing oil samples on all my cars for the last 10 years. I'll provide the lab results as well as my maintenance log at your request. To summarize, though:
- The car had annual oil changes prior to me (dealer), and I continued with BMW oil the Jan 2020 oil change. Oil now has 6k on it.
- Even though it's only 24k miles, I changed the coolant (BMW) and brake fluid (Pentosin) in April.
- LSD was installed in Dec 19 at 18k and did a 1500 mi breakin fluid change per Redline recommendation (75w85 with friction modifier both times)
- I did a full clay bar/paint correction prior to applying Adam's Polish ceramic coat in July of 19. Water still beads today!

The car came from San Francisco so there are a few bumper blems on front left and rear right. Pics included in the drive.

PM or reply with questions

Attached Images

Last edited by amesser325; 01-22-2021 at 01:03 PM.. Reason: added pics, lowered price
Appreciate 0