THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Car didn't come with features as advertised

03-03-2021, 01:15 PM   #23
p912guy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn123 View Post
No kidding!

BTW p912, one of these days you'll have to share some photos of the 912. One of my personal favorites and highly underappreciated...
Thanks for the props regarding the 912. It has been an underappreciated car for many years, but thankfully not so much any more. Photos wouldn't be appreciated now as it's in rough shape, needing complete restoration. I have owned the car since college (40 yrs) and haven't driven it in 38 yrs. For many of those years, even doing most of the work myself, which is my plan, I'd have ended up seriously upside-down financially once completed. Thankfully not so now. Like many things in life, family, work, home ownership and other projects were always more pressing from a time and resources standpoint so the 912 just waits patiently in the garage. There is light at the end of the tunnel. I plan to begin work on it in the next 12 months. I have been slow stockpiling many needed parts and if all goes as planned I'll be driving it again in a few years. My hope is the journey of restoration will be as satisfying as driving the final result. Stay tuned...I'll share some pictures one of these days.
17 GMC Canyon Denali Long Bed 4x4 (Tailgatin, Haulin & Towin)
various 'one design' sailboats / stinky hockey gear
Appreciate 0