THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning 2014 M235i (Faulty?) low engine oil warning

05-02-2022, 05:25 AM   #1
NotJustCarsButFamily
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Exclamation 2014 M235i (Faulty?) low engine oil warning

Hi,

I'm new to this forum so hopefully I'm posting this in the right place...
For the past few weeks I have been getting a warning saying that my oil level in the car is too low but when I stop on a level surface and measure the level it comes back as normal. I topped it of to just under max but the issue still persists so I was thinking that it might be the oil pressure sensor but I'm not really sure.

Thoughts and or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2014 RWD AT 48,000 miles

Mods:
DP, FMIC, Intake, Charge pipes, "performace" oil filter lol, Stage 2 BootMod3 91
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2022, 08:16 PM   #2
Rich.Wolfson
Thaumaturge
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotJustCarsButFamily View Post

I'm new to this forum ..."performance" oil filter lol...
Change the oil filter to an OEM or Mann and get back to us. Look for the simple things first.

///Rich
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2022, 09:08 AM   #3
xlugoz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotJustCarsButFamily View Post

Hi,

I'm new to this forum so hopefully I'm posting this in the right place...
For the past few weeks I have been getting a warning saying that my oil level in the car is too low but when I stop on a level surface and measure the level it comes back as normal. I topped it of to just under max but the issue still persists so I was thinking that it might be the oil pressure sensor but I'm not really sure.

Thoughts and or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2014 RWD AT 48,000 miles

Mods:
DP, FMIC, Intake, Charge pipes, "performace" oil filter lol, Stage 2 BootMod3 91
Replace the oil lever sensor located at the bottom of the pan, it's a relatively easy replacement that you should do with an oil filter and oil change. If that sensor begins to become faulty you will get the low oil warning randomly, you may think the issue is resolved when it goes away but if not addressed you could run into an issue where it stops warning you completely and have the possibility of the car actually having low to no oil. Inspect your underbelly and engine bay for any trace of an oil leak, even if it's small. Good luck!
Appreciate 0