THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics IDrive Stuck.

07-01-2022, 08:30 PM   #1
rferg61
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW iX M60

IDrive Stuck.

So my iDrive on my 2016 m235xi is stuck. It freezes when booting up to the phone contacts, the nothing. All buttons and the wheel are dead.i tried the reset options press/hold the volume and/or volume & mute for 20+ seconds, and no different.

I have some bimmer code mods, like turning off the lawyers and active sound, but nothing serious. Just installed a dinan cold air intake and Dinantronics X. That shouldn't cause an iDrive issue. It was completely clean beforehand.

I just ran BimmerLink, again, and there are no errors anywhere, even the headunit. Connected drive never really worked, so I am wondering if its a hardware crap out.

Thoughts??

Last edited by rferg61; 07-02-2022 at 02:06 PM.. Reason: grammar
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2022, 03:53 PM   #2
rferg61
Rep

Replying to my own post...

So the voice commands work, and the screen responds. Is anyone familiar with the controller knobs going bad?

Last edited by rferg61; 07-03-2022 at 04:10 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2022, 06:25 PM   #3
kubax86
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rferg61 View Post
So my iDrive on my 2016 m235xi is stuck. It freezes when booting up to the phone contacts, the nothing. All buttons and the wheel are dead.i tried the reset options press/hold the volume and/or volume & mute for 20+ seconds, and no different.

I have some bimmer code mods, like turning off the lawyers and active sound, but nothing serious. Just installed a dinan cold air intake and Dinantronics X. That shouldn't cause an iDrive issue. It was completely clean beforehand.

I just ran BimmerLink, again, and there are no errors anywhere, even the headunit. Connected drive never really worked, so I am wondering if its a hardware crap out.

Thoughts??
Which headunit do you have?
If you don't know, send me VIN to PM and I'll check it for you.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 01:57 PM   #4
Tfmala
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW m235

I try not to assume, but if you haven’t tried a hard reset (hold radio power button for 30 seconds) try that first. If it still doesn’t work, take the bimmer codes out. Mine got a little wonky just taking the lawyer screen off. If that doesn’t work, then it’s off to the dealer to possibly reflash your system.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 02:07 PM   #5
rferg61
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfmala View Post
I try not to assume, but if you haven’t tried a hard reset (hold radio power button for 30 seconds) try that first. If it still doesn’t work, take the bimmer codes out. Mine got a little wonky just taking the lawyer screen off. If that doesn’t work, then it’s off to the dealer to possibly reflash your system.
Thanks, I'll let you know how it goes.
Appreciate 0