THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Help with hpfp (nostrum high pressure fuel pump)

04-25-2022, 09:55 PM   #1
F235i
Rep
Drives: BMW m235i 2016

Help with hpfp (nostrum high pressure fuel pump)

Hi all, this is my first post. I own a 2016 m235i full bolt ons with bootmod stage 2+, about 2 months ago I installed a nostrum high pressure fuel pump which I bought used and it did not come with the wires/harness that go into the quantity control valve, so my mechanic took some wires off of a x5 hpfp he had sitting around and ended up making the wires to work with the new pump. We called nostrum to double check and they said it should be fine.

Fast forward 2 months 300 miles away from home, I do a pull in the morning and the car went into drive train malfunction and started stuttering really bad. After a day gone by the car would crank really long and die, then after multiple tries cranking it starts up with a lot of stutter but gets smoother as engine warms up. I bought the correct harness that was suppose to be used for the hpfp and I’m gonna get it installed tomorrow, but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this? The codes I received after I went into drivetrain malfunction were:

11C406; quantity control valve, control: short circuit high voltage side to low voltage side.
118401; mixture control: mixture too lean, e fl large deviation.

After I sent my logs and codes to nostrum they replied with thinking I needed to buy the correct harness, that clips into the quantity control valve. I already changed my spark plugs and coils with oem. Just don’t wanna waste money trying to figure it out. What if it’s not the wire?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2022, 06:22 AM   #2
jkoljo
Private
Rep
Drives: M235i

The 11C406 code indicates an issue with wiring. So most likely the new harness will fix it. If not, the electronics inside the Nostrum pump might be failing. In this case contact Nostrum and I am sure that they will help you. Not sure if the valve is user replaceable or if you would have to send the pump in for repairs.

My Nostrum pump has been flawless after some initial trouble. My pump made some whining noise but it seems that the noise has gradually disappeared after a few thousands of kilometers.
Appreciate 0