THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes Dinan spring + Koni FSD of KW SC?

01-09-2021, 07:39 AM   #1
Mollyran
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 220i

Dinan spring + Koni FSD of KW SC?

I want to improve the handling of my 220i with base suspension. It's my DD car and I don't track it but I do engine a solid feel suspension, not stiff or harsh but solid.

Since i have the base suspension and not M sport I thought about Dinan springs and Koni FSD for better body control but maintaining some DD comfort. The other, kind of easy to chose, option is KW street comfort, although I have no intention using it's full feature, set it up once and forget about it.

With KW I do have the option to play with the setting if I will not be pleased with the factory recommended settings, with the Dinan and Koni Selective, it is what it is and I actually not sure what I am about to get here.

Any advise will be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2021, 04:35 PM   #2
Sail Boat
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollyran View Post
I want to improve the handling of my 220i with base suspension. It's my DD car and I don't track it but I do engine a solid feel suspension, not stiff or harsh but solid.

Since i have the base suspension and not M sport I thought about Dinan springs and Koni FSD for better body control but maintaining some DD comfort. The other, kind of easy to chose, option is KW street comfort, although I have no intention using it's full feature, set it up once and forget about it.

With KW I do have the option to play with the setting if I will not be pleased with the factory recommended settings, with the Dinan and Koni Selective, it is what it is and I actually not sure what I am about to get here.

Any advise will be appreciated.
Bilstein B14 ($) or B16 ($$). I've tried everything, including KW.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2021, 05:03 PM   #3
Mollyran
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 220i

Isn't the B14 on the harsh side on slow speed? I don't know the rates but I am looking at the springs of the B14 and they seems to be with much less travel at the rear and beefier at the front vs Dinan springs or KW SC.
Appreciate 0