THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Classifieds Members Classifieds Cars for Sale / Lease Takeover Looking to buy a 228i

12-31-2019, 04:57 AM   #1
_M1_
Banned
Rep
Drives: Yamaha XSR700

Looking to buy a 228i

Hey guys, I'm very interested in picking up a 228i for my girlfriend and myself. I am not too picky about packages or color, but have a few requirements (in order of decreasing rarity):

- MUST have M Sport brakes
- MUST be a Coupe, no Convertibles
- MUST be Rear Wheel Drive (RWD), no All Wheel Drive (AWD) xi models
- MUST have Sport seats
- MUST have sunroof DELETE

- preferred with OEM staggered tire sizes (many models come with a square setup...seems to depend on whether ordered with performance summer tires)

- either 8AT Automatic or 6MT Manual Transmission option is fine
- either a Sport or M-Sport model is fine

Looking for something that's in excellent shape, especially mechanically, with all maintenance by the book. Nothing with over 70k miles.

Last edited by _M1_; 01-15-2020 at 12:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 11:18 AM   #2
M Smurf
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i M Sport

Curious as to why you're so determined for M Sport brakes?

Add them later after you find the car?
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2020, 01:58 AM   #3
_M1_
Banned
Rep
Drives: Yamaha XSR700

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Smurf View Post
Curious as to why you're so determined for M Sport brakes?

Add them later after you find the car?
Because they're kind of pricey to add later even used and then you have to code them and admittedly, I haven't coded anything before or really modified a car before. So just don't want to deal with the hassle at the moment. I like driving more than I like wrenching haha

If I were going to add them afterwards, I would probably add the M Performance Parts BBK ($3k) or used F30 calipers (didn't see any online) that fit the 370mm discs.

Also, this isn't related, but ideally I'd like to have the constant steering rack as opposed to the variable one offered as part of the Track Pack that comes with Variable "Sport" Steering, which in my opinion robs feel (I've driven both). I also personally just prefer a constant rack. The only thing the Sport steering appears to do is make slow-speed and parking maneuvering easier and helps enable self-parking and active lane-keep assist, etc.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 07:59 PM   #4
jdmwol2ks
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: grey

Free bump! I'm actually in the market for something similar in Cali. Pm if you got something for sale. Sorry to steal your thread!(figured we didn't need two)
Appreciate 0