THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions coding speech recognition

01-03-2020, 07:16 PM   #1
pmcmtnbkr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

coding speech recognition

I have a 2015 m235i with entrynav head unit. i was reading through old posts to see if the speech activation could be coded on and really didn't come up with an answer. I am new to coding and using bimmercode. I have been playing around in demo mode and found in expert mode under module 3003 telefon_telematik_online an entry for CE_Device_speech_recognition. Does anyone know if this is the correct code to change to activate speech activation? If not what code needs to be changed to activate this feature. I think I found one more item that might need to be coded under 3000 HMI System_TTS . i think both of these need to be set to aktiv from what limited information I could find.

01/04/2020 Okay answered my own question i got into bimmer code today and found that someone had coded speech recognition to aktiv already i checked the system TTS and it had not been changed I set this aktiv coded the new changes. I now have voice active through steering wheel controls. I also made a few other small changes turned off display warning, I did turn on digital speed in dash but dont think ill keep it noticed that the speed indicator is almost 10mph slower than the analog speedo

Last edited by pmcmtnbkr; 01-04-2020 at 03:44 PM..
Appreciate 0