THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos The best of Bangs, Burbles and Fart cans

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-25-2023, 09:08 PM   #1
Tejas1836
Lieutenant
Tejas1836's Avatar
566
Rep
521
Posts

Drives: 2023 X5MC Workmaster 75
Join Date: Oct 2022
Location: Tejas

iTrader: (0)

The best of Bangs, Burbles and Fart cans

__________________
Two is One and One is None
Appreciate 4
chassis5082.00
NickyC15219.00
M5Rick45801.00
      05-25-2023, 09:25 PM   #2
nerdogray
MPE Lovers Club of NA
992
Rep
561
Posts

Drives: 2023 M5 Competition
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Some of these were just awful. The M5 in the beginning sounded the best to me, but I guess I'm biased. The exotics were all consistently shitty, but maybe I just don't have taste or I'm missing something that doesn't come through on video. The VW's seemed the stars of the whole clip. That blue one where people were laughing at him on the street gets the grand prize. I have never, nor will I ever, understand the appeal of Z cars.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2023, 09:43 PM   #3
PcarFan
Enlisted Member
PcarFan's Avatar
489
Rep
48
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Neck of the woods

iTrader: (0)

Is this the new LOL "Video" Thread?
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2023, 10:27 PM   #4
NickyC
Major General
NickyC's Avatar
15219
Rep
9,843
Posts

Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jacked out of my mind

iTrader: (23)

I don't know why I love this ridiculous stuff but I do. I still can't get enough of Sport Plus in my M4 CS with the MPE burbling all the place. It's just so much fun at times. I think part of it is knowing BMW will never again release a stock car with the ability to fart and burble like the F8x cars with a simple push of a button. It was such a massive let down when I bought the G82 Comp after coming from my F82 Comp with MPE, the G82 had no sound and I really missed it.

In related news I was behind a previous gen Porsche Turbo S the other day and he was just blasting gun shots all over the place. I couldn't stop smiling/laughing, it was great.

That little VW at the 4:38 mark has me rollin'.

Last edited by NickyC; 05-25-2023 at 10:39 PM..
Appreciate 2
chassis5082.00
Rocket455394.50
      05-26-2023, 11:25 AM   #5
chassis
Lieutenant Colonel
chassis's Avatar
5082
Rep
1,952
Posts

Drives: BMW G01 X3, 9Y0 Cayenne S
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: linker Fahrbahn

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
In related news I was behind a previous gen Porsche Turbo S the other day and he was just blasting gun shots all over the place. I couldn't stop smiling/laughing, it was great.
Same here. Yesterday I was playing with a 991 Turbo S and he threw a few pops and tailpipe flashes my way and left me in the dust.

These exhaust antics are like romantic novels and guilty pleasures of the car culture!
Appreciate 1
NickyC15219.00
      05-26-2023, 11:50 AM   #6
NickyC
Major General
NickyC's Avatar
15219
Rep
9,843
Posts

Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jacked out of my mind

iTrader: (23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
These exhaust antics are like romantic novels and guilty pleasures of the car culture!
LoL good analogy!
Appreciate 1
chassis5082.00
      05-26-2023, 02:39 PM   #7
g21
Colonel
g21's Avatar
2113
Rep
2,700
Posts

Drives: M340i M550i LeafEV WRX Sienna
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Australasia

iTrader: (0)

there are no sounds, nice sounds, deep nice sounds, and loud annoying sounds
Appreciate 1
KevinGS2701.00
      05-26-2023, 03:55 PM   #8
Alfisti
Colonel
5728
Rep
2,713
Posts

Drives: 2013 X3 (Totaled)
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (0)

All the money these guy spent. I did a $300 "gundo Hack" on my 997 and it sounds better than half these hackers.
Appreciate 1
chassis5082.00
      05-26-2023, 04:17 PM   #9
chassis
Lieutenant Colonel
chassis's Avatar
5082
Rep
1,952
Posts

Drives: BMW G01 X3, 9Y0 Cayenne S
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: linker Fahrbahn

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
All the money these guy spent. I did a $300 "gundo Hack" on my 997 and it sounds better than half these hackers.
Letís hear it (yt). Cold start and revs!
Appreciate 1
NickyC15219.00
      05-26-2023, 10:50 PM   #10
x622
Forced Induction Connoisseur
x622's Avatar
706
Rep
541
Posts

Drives: 23 X5MC / 23 720s
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: AZ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2023 Mclaren 720s  [0.00]
2005 Honda S2000  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
1964 Ford Mustang  [0.00]
1968 Pontiac GTO  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
Letís hear it (yt). Cold start and revs!

here here, i want to hear it

I enjoyed the video, particularly the nasty cammed evo at 6:18
__________________
Oy vey, look at all these shekels
Appreciate 2
NickyC15219.00
chassis5082.00
      05-27-2023, 02:58 AM   #11
jmg
Lieutenant General
jmg's Avatar
United_States
17525
Rep
13,750
Posts

Drives: G82 M4 Comp X-Drive, i3 LCI
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.83]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [10.00]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
I don't know why I love this ridiculous stuff but I do. I still can't get enough of Sport Plus in my M4 CS with the MPE burbling all the place. It's just so much fun at times. I think part of it is knowing BMW will never again release a stock car with the ability to fart and burble like the F8x cars with a simple push of a button. It was such a massive let down when I bought the G82 Comp after coming from my F82 Comp with MPE, the G82 had no sound and I really missed it.

In related news I was behind a previous gen Porsche Turbo S the other day and he was just blasting gun shots all over the place. I couldn't stop smiling/laughing, it was great.

That little VW at the 4:38 mark has me rollin'.
Unfortunately the G8X was sandbagged by exhaust regulations. My F80 M3 CS sounded glorious with an MPE. Luckily a non-resonated midpipe solved my G82ís problems without getting the much more expensive G8X MPE which required a new diffuser. The S58 with a midpipe actually sounds much better than my F80 with an MPE.
__________________

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous ē 2018 F80 ///M3 CS ē 2016 F80 ///M3
Appreciate 1
NickyC15219.00
      05-30-2023, 10:52 AM   #12
Mingwan
Major
1845
Rep
1,326
Posts

Drives: X1 Individual custom paint
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (0)

Shit's obnoxious. It's the new BOV of cars.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:36 AM.




2addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST