THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum HELP!! Trying to put bottom of back seat BACK

09-18-2018, 12:00 PM   #1
keldunwoody
2017 red m240 convertible
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 m240 red convertible

HELP!! Trying to put bottom of back seat BACK

I got my 240 Friday. Today took my dog to the park and despite having a seat cover on the back, he managed to barf right between the seat and the arm rest. I couldn't get the carpet cleaner in there, so I found a post in 1addicts on how to get the back seat (bottom) out - no problem! Now, I'm trying to put the seat back in, and 2 gallons of sweat and many broken fingernails later, I for the life of me can't see how I'm supposed to get the seat belts through the holes to pop the seat back in. I tried searching the forums but can't find an answer. My problem is that to get it back far enough to START pushing the seat belts through the holes, because of the width of the front edge of the seat, I can't have it lifted very high. I can get my arm under there but there's no maneuverability.

Does anybody have any tips? After you get done laughing at how stupid I was to pull the seat out for a little dog barf?

Thanks in advance,
Kelly
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 12:10 PM   #2
aerobod
Car Geek
Rep
Drives: Caterham R500, M2-G87, Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by keldunwoody View Post
I got my 240 Friday. Today took my dog to the park and despite having a seat cover on the back, he managed to barf right between the seat and the arm rest. I couldn't get the carpet cleaner in there, so I found a post in 1addicts on how to get the back seat (bottom) out - no problem! Now, I'm trying to put the seat back in, and 2 gallons of sweat and many broken fingernails later, I for the life of me can't see how I'm supposed to get the seat belts through the holes to pop the seat back in. I tried searching the forums but can't find an answer. My problem is that to get it back far enough to START pushing the seat belts through the holes, because of the width of the front edge of the seat, I can't have it lifted very high. I can get my arm under there but there's no maneuverability.

Does anybody have any tips? After you get done laughing at how stupid I was to pull the seat out for a little dog barf?

Thanks in advance,
Kelly
Thread the seat belts through the holes in the seat, lock them into the buckles and then pull on the seat belt webbing gently as you manoeuvre the seat base into place.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 12:25 PM   #3
keldunwoody
United_States
Rep

Thanks. I did try that but at the moment I’m by myself. Maybe I’ll go back later when the weather (and I &#128540 cool off and I have a helper.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 01:41 PM   #4
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Easier than seatbelt truck by far and good to leave in glove box for dog emergency - that's why I had them to begin with.

Vastar 2 Packs Adjustable Pet Dog Cat Car Seat Belt Safety Leads Vehicle Seatbelt Harness, Made from Nylon Fabric https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014W40TSW..._4zuOBbYZJE386
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2018, 07:18 AM   #5
keldunwoody
United_States
Rep

Got it! But without seatbelts buckled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobod View Post
Thread the seat belts through the holes in the seat, lock them into the buckles and then pull on the seat belt webbing gently as you manoeuvre the seat base into place.
Posting this in case anybody else has this problem:

Went back out this morning before it was hotter than the 7th circle of hell in my garage. Problem with latching seat belts is that the rigid plastic loop holding the metal buckle to the belt is wider than the holes in the seat. Trick was to get the seat in JUST far enough so I could pull the latches forward underneath and line them up with the holes (perpendicular to backrest) while I still had some maneuvering room, and POOF they were coming through. Seems simple when it works but maddening when it doesn't. Now I don't have to call the dealer. I can save that for when I make a different dumb mistake
Appreciate 0