THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum M240i to C63 Sedan, smart move?

09-10-2018, 08:51 AM   #23
USA-RET
Captain
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by baege View Post
definitely was on my radar and test drove 2 of them, but I am a torque fiend and the s65 just doesn't deliver in that area
I'm with you on the torque for sure. Actually that's what makes the M240i so nice. I'd put a Stage 1 on it and keep it for a while. MPG will be excellent, torque gain will be quite noticeable and that hesitation (lag from dead stops) will vanish. The tune will transform the car.

I'm also with you as suffering from "carswitchitis".....I too always looking for something I might like better. Plenty of cars out there too. But when I start looking at value/price, performance, size and MPG, I really have a hard time finding something I'd actually like better. I've been on the MB site numerous times configuring cars only to close the app feeling a bit disgusted. Same w/ Audi and Porsche. I wanted a TTS until I drove one. The Cayman was really nice, but expensive and too impractical compared to the other cars for my needs.

Yeah, MB makes some nice cars. But, for me, it's been hard for me to justify purchase compared to what the tuned M240i delivers.

I'd have kept my 2015 C7 if it were not for the horrible 8 speed GM put in it. That car pretty much had everything I wanted in a fun (yet surprisingly practical) car for 2 people. It was a real value IMO.

Your itch is one you'll have to scratch, so hope you find something that checks all the boxes. Good luck in your quest (even questing w/o buying can be fun)
Appreciate 1
baege1328.00
      09-10-2018, 09:42 AM   #24
stevenvillatoro
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 M240i, Estoril Blue

Garage List
2018 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by USA-RET View Post
I'm also with you as suffering from "carswitchitis".....I too always looking for something I might like better. Plenty of cars out there too. But when I start looking at value/price, performance, size and MPG, I really have a hard time finding something I'd actually like better. I've been on the MB site numerous times configuring cars only to close the app feeling a bit disgusted. Same w/ Audi and Porsche. I wanted a TTS until I drove one. The Cayman was really nice, but expensive and too impractical compared to the other cars for my needs.
Ditto, ditto, and more ditto to your search choices.

The M240i is the first modern car to keep my carswitchitis in full remission. I vigilantly search for a future replacement, but can't find anything with a better "just-right" mix of style, performance, features, and price.

'19 MX-5 Miata GT-S soft top
Past BMWs: two '57 Isetta 300s, '70 1600, '72 Bavaria, '78 320i, '18 M240i
Appreciate 0