THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Inconsistent settings available via iDrive between BMW models

05-03-2020, 09:21 PM   #1
swilson317
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M240i

Inconsistent settings available via iDrive between BMW models

Hi all,

My a new owner of a 2017 M240i. I have been reading various threads on this forum about various settings that can be configured...such as the mirrors folding. What I find interesting is that the models don't seem to be consistent. For example...one person posted that the Convenience Mode would allow the mirrors to be folded if the BMW button is held down. I tried that and it doesn't work on my car. Does this mean that the Convenience feature isn't part of my options? I'm just curious at there seems to be bits and pieces of information available on these forums, but done so as if everyone had the same settings and access when clearly they do not. In my case...since I didn't find an option for the mirrors under settings, I coded the option to auto close on lock with Bimmercode. Done. So I'm just trying to understand why different models seem to have different access to settings via iDrive.

Thanks, Steve
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2020, 11:48 AM   #2
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Most of the features (windows, locks, mirrors) that you read about are coded in. Only very late, and very few BMW models have those features standard.

Regardless, with Bimmercode all those features are available to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilson317 View Post
Hi all,

My a new owner of a 2017 M240i. I have been reading various threads on this forum about various settings that can be configured...such as the mirrors folding. What I find interesting is that the models don't seem to be consistent. For example...one person posted that the Convenience Mode would allow the mirrors to be folded if the BMW button is held down. I tried that and it doesn't work on my car. Does this mean that the Convenience feature isn't part of my options? I'm just curious at there seems to be bits and pieces of information available on these forums, but done so as if everyone had the same settings and access when clearly they do not. In my case...since I didn't find an option for the mirrors under settings, I coded the option to auto close on lock with Bimmercode. Done. So I'm just trying to understand why different models seem to have different access to settings via iDrive.

Thanks, Steve
Appreciate 0