THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics B58 (M240i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Dinan could use some help

05-18-2020, 07:47 PM   #67
Winemaker2
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 230i MSport THP Dinan V2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleksanderSuave View Post
I don’t know how bypassing it could help any diagnostics, unless you had a CEL and somehow there was a gray area to whether the dinan tuner was causing it or not. Even then, installing the bypass plug doesn’t physically change the fact that it “splices” other connections, which could be the root cause of an issue in and of itself.
No issues whatsoever since V.2 update. Just for kicks I'll put the plug in (for the last time) as my 3 year maintenance warranty ends next month.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 07:50 PM   #68
Winemaker2
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 230i MSport THP Dinan V2

Just a quick update. I put the bypass plug in and drove to the store. What a difference. Give me back the tune!!! Oil and brake fluid change tomorrow and I am back to full throttle. Thanks for the feedback.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 08:17 AM   #69
135kev
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: White 135i Red Leather Msport

I purchased Dinan Mid Pipes from eBay, they came with the wrong clamps. I called up Dinan and they 1 day shipped me the correct clamps. Great customer service from my experience.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 08:07 AM   #70
GrandMasterKhan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Evo9, '22 X3Mc, Turbo S2000
Location: BMW Southpoint, Durham NC. Dinan/Carbahn authorized Dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winemaker2 View Post
Okay Dinan fans I need your opinions...I am taking my 2017 230i in for its last "free" maintenance. Each time I have in the past I have bypassed my Dinan Stage 1 (v.1, v.2 and v.2 upgraded) The very first time I took it in the manager said why are you doing this, no problem, we are Dinan friendly. Then the second time after the foreign corp said "no mo Dinan" (Throttlesteer14 loved that topic) I didn't even ask and bypassed the unit. My question is, do I give a blank about the Dealership, or continue using the bypass. If I use the bypass then will their "xteen" point engine check verify that the stock thresholds are without errors. Your thoughts gentlemen, including yours rebel-rouser BimBimM2.
Bypassing it is completely unnecessary. Unless you want your car to be slower when you bring it into the dealer. haha The tuner doesnt change any software in the car so a scan wont detect it but when they pop the hood they will still see the wiring.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 11:30 AM   #71
AleksanderSuave
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240iX Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135kev View Post
I purchased Dinan Mid Pipes from eBay, they came with the wrong clamps. I called up Dinan and they 1 day shipped me the correct clamps. Great customer service from my experience.
You’re complimenting them for supplying the wrong parts and then sending you the parts you were supposed to actually get in the first place?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 10:01 PM   #72
135kev
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: White 135i Red Leather Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleksanderSuave View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 135kev View Post
You’re complimenting them for supplying the wrong parts and then sending you the parts you were supposed to actually get in the first place?
I got it from eBay.. idk who's fault it was but mistakes happen.
Appreciate 0