THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions DIY: LCI Tailights

05-26-2019, 11:27 PM   #89
Pray for Mojo
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i & 2018 X3 M40i

I set mine to 13.5v, no issues in over a year of usage. I think you are correct since Esys wouldn't let me set to 13.7v.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 11:39 PM   #90
reighnman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F82 6MT ZCP CBB

Anyone have the default coding values or at least the voltages? I lost my backup and uninstalled esys, trying to put my stockers back in case I part out the car.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 11:39 AM   #91
Altra
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 AW M2

Anyone know if Schmiedmann does black friday deals? I want to do the LCI retrofit, but not sure if I should wait it out a couple weeks.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2019, 04:43 PM   #92
Altra
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 AW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altra View Post
Anyone know if Schmiedmann does black friday deals? I want to do the LCI retrofit, but not sure if I should wait it out a couple weeks.
Turns out they do have black friday sales, up to 20%.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2019, 01:14 PM   #93
jondagger
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Quote:
when is the sale starting? going to wait for tomorrow, the real "black Friday".... www.mybimmerparts.com has the (2) tail lights and (2) plugs for 399.64$... might just go US spec. I don't think the euro v us is even noticeable.

Question. Are all bulbs interchangeable from the pre-lci to LCI? is the reverse light bulb the only different one (W21W bulb)?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2019, 04:49 AM   #94
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondagger View Post
Quote:
might just go US spec. I don't think the euro v us is even noticeable.

The turn signal between the US-spec vs Euro below..

And yes, the reverse bulbs are different between the Pre-LCI & LCI taillights.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      12-23-2019, 05:13 PM   #95
lateapex'er
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i M-Sport

EDIT: Was able to figure it out the pin order, code the car and complete install. Still don't know what that second wiring harness is for, but I wrapped the exposed ends and tucked them away.

Can anyone confirm if "Pin 1" for the LCI light is on the left or right side?

Looking at the pics it seems like the left tailight has pin one on the right but would like to make sure for the right tailight. [IMG][/IMG]

Also have this contraption on the left tailight.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-23-2019, 11:31 PM   #96
Aaron@Autosource
Rep
Drives: F110/F22

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateapex'er View Post
EDIT: Was able to figure it out the pin order, code the car and complete install. Still don't know what that second wiring harness is for, but I wrapped the exposed ends and tucked them away.

Can anyone confirm if "Pin 1" for the LCI light is on the left or right side?

Looking at the pics it seems like the left tailight has pin one on the right but would like to make sure for the right tailight. [IMG][/IMG]

Also have this contraption on the left tailight.
What you did with the 2nd connector with just 2 wires, is correct. It's not used once you switch to LCI.

Also, the pin numbers are on the connector itself. You will need to look really closely, but they are next to each "hole" on the connector, through which you insert the wires into the connector. The numbers are on the insert side, not the side that plugs into the tail light.
Appreciate 1
      12-24-2019, 06:11 PM   #97
lateapex'er
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i M-Sport

Aaron@Autosource thanks for the confirmation, Aaron. Perhaps my workspace was not lit enough! Happy Holidays
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 12:40 PM   #98
Mollyran
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 220i

Just to say thank you

30 min later and it's on. Thanks for the excellent tutorial.

If anyone else wonder, the order is from right to left when you hold the 6 pin plug horizontally and the lock pin (center one that stick out) is facing down.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 02:41 AM   #99
deneyer
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW

Isnt there a optioncode to code this like in the f30 if you fit in lci light you have to code the HO-WORD HELC and it adjust everything and is also saved as option.

Not like with the fdl coding you say here, cause when you get an update or do an optioncode all fdl codings are gone and have to be recoded
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 01:49 PM   #100
ssrriivv
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M240i xDrive coupe

I would also like to know if you can code HELC to do that, because I can imagine it being possible, considering usually coding is very similar between F series models. I'm probably buying the ECE blackline taillights this week. If nobody has let me us know by then, I'll give it a try and see what happens.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 09:41 AM   #101
b-unit
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2

Can anyone recommend how to code back to the OG pre-LCI tail lights? I upgraded to the LCI tails using these wonderful instructions but now will be putting the original lights back on and prepping the car for sale. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 01:34 PM   #102
whoismorggan
Bimmer Nut + Software Dev
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3 Premium +

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-unit View Post
Can anyone recommend how to code back to the OG pre-LCI tail lights? I upgraded to the LCI tails using these wonderful instructions but now will be putting the original lights back on and prepping the car for sale. Thanks
Will you be selling the LCI lights? Interested in purchasing them if so
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 09:57 PM   #103
rodybmw
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 i4 M50 / 2011 335is Coupe

Thanks for these instructions!

I'm in the market for a US model M240i and will be retrofitting Euro LCI tail lights. If I end up with a 2017 model then I can use the clear instructions in this thread to do the retrofit. However, if I end up with a 2018 or newer model that already has LCI tail lights then I would still want to swap the US LCI tail lights with Euro ones since I hate the red turn indicators. So here's my question:

I'm assuming the US LCI has the same type of connector as the Euro LCI tail lights and won't need changing over like they do with Pre-LCI F22's. However, does anybody know if it will be a plug-and-play, or whether there'll be some coding required?

Again, to be clear....this is for a US LCI to Euro LCI conversion.

Thanks in Advance.

P.S. I started another thread asking about this, but thought it might be better to ask here as well:

https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1713405

Last edited by rodybmw; 04-20-2020 at 10:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 08:14 PM   #104
rodybmw
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by deneyer View Post
Isnt there a optioncode to code this like in the f30 if you fit in lci light you have to code the HO-WORD HELC and it adjust everything and is also saved as option.

Not like with the fdl coding you say here, cause when you get an update or do an optioncode all fdl codings are gone and have to be recoded
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrriivv View Post
I would also like to know if you can code HELC to do that, because I can imagine it being possible, considering usually coding is very similar between F series models. I'm probably buying the ECE blackline taillights this week. If nobody has let me us know by then, I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Were you guys able to figure out how to save the coding so that it's not wiped out when getting an update at the dealer?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2020, 09:39 AM   #105
ssrriivv
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M240i xDrive coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodybmw View Post
Were you guys able to figure out how to save the coding so that it's not wiped out when getting an update at the dealer?
I'm holding off ordering my tails until the covid stuff cools down a bit. I figured shipping is gonna be a lot more expensive right now.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2020, 10:05 AM   #106
gabssilvagarcia
Philippines
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderw View Post
Very straight forward , just have to locate the entries and change them, on 1-10 scale , 2 out of 10 lol
hey man, i just installed the LCI tails and used bimmercode ticking LED for the brake light, cleared the errors using carly, and yet the errors reappear everytime i start the car. i erased it again but to no avail. what entries did you have to code in bimmercode to get the errors out?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2020, 10:26 AM   #107
Anderw
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabssilvagarcia View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderw View Post
Very straight forward , just have to locate the entries and change them, on 1-10 scale , 2 out of 10 lol
hey man, i just installed the LCI tails and used bimmercode ticking LED for the brake light, cleared the errors using carly, and yet the errors reappear everytime i start the car. i erased it again but to no avail. what entries did you have to code in bimmercode to get the errors out?
PM me so I remember this , I'll send over the entries when I get home
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 04:38 PM   #108
rodybmw
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

I contacted Schmiedmann last week and asked them if they could add an LCI Tail Light Upgrade Kit for the "Blackline" tail lights like they have had for the non-Blackline lights for a while. They already had the individual components, but they had to be ordered separately and cost about $30 more than the non-Blackline kit. They sent me an email yesterday letting me know that can in fact put it together as a kit and they sent me the part number they came up with for the Blackline LCI Tail light Upgrade Kit (Euro version with the AMBER turn indicators). Here's the Schmiedmann part number and link:

Taillights -Blackline- LCI facelift upgrade retrofit kit - original BMW

Schmiedmann Part Number: BFLF222387B

Schmiedmann Link:
https://www.schmiedmann.com/en/produ...ct=BFLF222387B
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 09:33 PM   #109
TrboMike
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M240ix

I saw this 2 days after I already ordered the two blacklines. D'oh. Thanks for the effort tho.

As of 5/17 one of the blacklines is on back order. Dont know how much of the BMW supply chains are effected by corona either.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2020, 10:49 PM   #110
TrboMike
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M240ix

After almost 2 months of out of stock of one light, then in stock 2 weeks ago. I finally sent Schmiedmann an email asking whats up and bam I get an email the next day they shipped and I got them in 3 business days. Wow.

Anyway, thanks to the OP I would have NEVER gotten those damn connectors apart. Cant believe how easy it was to swap the pins from one to the other.

First thought on Blacklines: they forgot to send me the blacklines. Hm wait these part numbers are correct. Why do they call these blackline they seem just as dark as my 2017 tails. So blacklines edges are not so dark IMO. But having amber turn signs are a win.

Euro Blackline on left, pre-LCI stock 2017 with all LED bulbs on right

All off:

Brakes:

Brakes and turn signals:

Both sides Blacklines:
Appreciate 2