THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions Instrument Cluster Retrofitted Mileage updating issue

04-09-2020, 04:11 AM   #1
A20C
Rep
Drives: F20 2016 116D M Sport

Instrument Cluster Retrofitted Mileage updating issue

So i made a post on the F20 subforum, which didnt get much help and i was guided to maybe ask here since it's the same cluster and has more users.

I bought a Instrument cluster from eBay came off a 2018 118d. I have a 2016 116d. This is the cluster i purchased. (UK version so mph)

I took it to someone who i believed would virginize, install and then code it. Long story short he didn't virginize the unit. The next day i realized the trip distance was going up but the mileage on the odometer wasn't. Some times it updates whilst driving but the next day when i get back in the vehicle it wont actually be there but the trip distance would save the miles

I took it back to him, he changed the build date or something it started updating, as we drove around all well. He wanted to double check so he reset it again but instead of showing the miles we had just driven it went back to what it was originally stuck on. So i have drive around 100 miles and only about 30 have updated on my odometer.

Is there anyway i can fix it? I assume it would be to go virginize it, then code it? but with will all the miles i have done by on the odometer or would it just start calculating it correctly again?

Many thanks
Appreciate 0