THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics HELP! - How do I get TEXT messages on 2020 M240i with Nav

06-06-2023, 03:55 AM   #1
crabu2
Captain
Rep
Drives: Truck and ...

HELP! - How do I get TEXT messages on 2020 M240i with Nav

I used to have a 2017 230i. Text messages worked fine. I picked up a 2020 M240i. It's got Nav. It's got Carplay. It doesn't seem to have enhanced bluetooth to be able to get text messages. This doesn't make sense to me since it's got Carplay. And I don't want to use carplay. Partly because I don't like it, but also because in addition to the iPhone, I also have an Android phone.

Everything I've read says all I need to do is turn on "Show Notifications" on my iPhone 14 Pro. Well, that option doesn't exist when it's paired with this car. The options appear on my Subaru and Ram, but not this BMW. I also can't get texts using my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra) and Carplay isn't even an option with Android.

I tried coding in Enhanced Bluetooth following instructions I found, thinking that was the issue. That was a hard NO since the 1st code (CDMM_USB_AUDIO) I needed to activate didn't exist.

Can anyone help? If memory serves, based on Bimmercode, I think it's the NBT_HU_EVO unit I have with 6NH as the order code. I checked my old 2017 230 and that was also 6NH, so I must have VO coded that one back in the day using ESYS. I found my ENET cable but now can't figure out how to install ESYS on this laptop and get it working.

Thank you!!

Last edited by crabu2; 06-06-2023 at 05:23 AM..
Appreciate 0