THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Dinan M235i Tune

08-12-2014, 11:59 AM   #375
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

This thread sucks now.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 12:02 PM   #376
dharo1
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Previous: F22 M235i ; F80 M3 ;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Army Man
FC4... Please stand by for an update this evening. As I'm not around my laptop, and I cannot post pics from iOS8. Just to knock you down a few pegs. If I was trying to show off, I would have posed them right away.

As I said it's not a "d" measuring contest.

I was clearly pointing out the fact, if you don't take things out of context ... "you and others think it's overpriced" and people are noobies... or idiots for buying Dinan.

Here's a taste of what's to come, all with my face in them.

Me and Mario

Me at the Playboy Mansion

Me in the pits @ F1

Me at dinner with Dr Vijay Mallya

Me taking a shopping trip to NYC to pick up my 3rd car (left off on purpose, here's a hint for ya, starts with an F, and ends with an I) . I'll show you a few, me pulling out of dealership, one while it's on the side of my garage, after tinting the windshield ... I'll even throw one in showing off my $22,500 SET OF WHEELS

Me in our SkyBox--- I'll post a few in different years, just so you know it's not a one time gig.

HOF introduction and private party

I'll even throw one in of one of my pets...

As far as "Active Duty BS"... You're the idiot... Cannot join Active Duty at the age I did.

Read the post and absorb the info prior to opening your trap.

I've been to Iraq, I've been to Afghanistan have you been to either?

Oh... And wife's Jeep... I guess your right there... It's only an 2014 SRT8...
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 12:12 PM   #377
Cybertronic
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G30 M550i, E30 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Army Man View Post
FC4... Please stand by for an update this evening. As I'm not around my laptop, and I cannot post pics from iOS8. Just to knock you down a few pegs. If I was trying to show off, I would have posed them right away.

As I said it's not a "d" measuring contest.

I was clearly pointing out the fact, if you don't take things out of context ... "you and others think it's overpriced" and people are noobies... or idiots for buying Dinan.

Me and Mario

Me in the pits @ F1

Me taking a shopping trip to NYC to pick up my 3rd car (left off on purpose, here's a hint for ya, starts with an F, and ends with an I) . I'll show you a few, me pulling out of dealership, one while it's on the side of my garage, after tinting the windshield ... I'll even throw one in showing off my $22,500 SET OF WHEELS

Me in our SkyBox--- I'll post a few in different years, just so you know it's not a one time gig.

HOF introduction and private party

I'll even throw one in of one of my pets...

As far as "Active Duty BS"... You're the idiot... Cannot join Active Duty at the age I did.

Read the post and absorb the info prior to opening your trap.

I've been to Iraq, I've been to Afghanistan have you been to either?

Oh... And wife's Jeep... I guess your right there... It's only an 2014 SRT8...
Nobody Cares! (even if we did believe you)
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 12:22 PM   #378
Demetrius Joel
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BSM/CR M235i

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
This guy can't be serious with this stuff. Why why why?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 12:25 PM   #379
vinny84
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 BMW X5

Sad.

Haven't seen this much trolling since VWVortex smh
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 12:37 PM   #380
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Capitan America overdose
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 12:46 PM   #381
alz0rz
What goes here?
Rep
Drives: 2019 G30 M550i

Garage List
Usually one would say.. 'Let's clean up this clutter so people looking through this thread in the future will benefit'.. but in this case, this thread has been so saturated with people's BS it's hard to say that.... especially lol at the last few pages.

and a SUPER LOL at:

Quote:
Me and Mario

Me in the pits @ F1

No one cares because no one cares.

GBNF:
2021 G80 M3, 2019 F90 M5 Competition, 2016 F80 M3, 2014 F22 M235i
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 01:18 PM   #382
kerm1t
Captain
Rep
Drives: 17 M3 ZCP Stage 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu View Post
Capitan America overdose
hahaha!!! he has no idea… perfect example of a stereotypical bmw owner. sigh..

Last edited by kerm1t; 08-12-2014 at 02:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 01:48 PM   #383
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

ROFL!!

Great to see people trying it out, though. Everyone's curious for results, but I don't think any are going to be surprising.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 02:30 PM   #384
HX_Guy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M235i

Where's the moderators at on this forum? Can we get this thread back to talking about the Dinan tune? Really looking forward to seeing your thoughts Delnari. Did you happen to do any testing on the street, maybe some acceleration stuff with the JB4 to compare with the Dinan before you get a chance to dyno?
      08-12-2014, 02:43 PM   #385
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
Where's the moderators at on this forum? Can we get this thread back to talking about the Dinan tune? Really looking forward to seeing your thoughts Delnari. Did you happen to do any testing on the street, maybe some acceleration stuff with the JB4 to compare with the Dinan before you get a chance to dyno?
Remember, just so there's no confusion...he didn't have the JB4. There is no "JB4 Stage 1." He had merely the $379 plug-and-play Juice Box. This unit has no actual features to it or added functionality beyond making the car faster. The JB4 is the $529+ device where the user can change maps, adjust the state of tune, check codes, datalog, etc.

The Stage 1 and JB4 on the lowest map for 91 octane make roughly the same power, but there is also a 93 octane map, meth map, race gas map, self-learning map, and a user adjustable map.

For $2K+, one would hope that it will make more power than Burger's lowest option...but I'm willing to bet they're very similar.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 03:32 PM   #386
Delnari
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 MG F22 Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
Been waiting by the phone today for the call to come in. Storm rolled through the area and knocked out some power in the area and the shops Internet connection has been down all day. No Internet, no connection to the Dinan mothership to load software. Waiting to hear when I will be rescheduled.

Using the M Performance Lap Timer in the car, I have achieved a 4.5 second zero to sixty without using launch control. Only have 2100 miles on the clock and have purposely avoided using this feature. Plan to do another 0-60 with the Dinan when I get another perfect weather day and see what happens. Not going back and running another Dyno as it takes a lot of my time, and some inconvenience to get it done. Maybe after a few months I might be convinced otherwise.

*Note, I don't expect more HP from the Dinan tune, but more torque I can actually use on the street. Not into doing triple digit driving on a public roadway as drag racing is not my thing. Will expect a clean installation that is worry free from the increase in performance and factory like engine tuning. My "JB4 Stage 1" is a full JB4 harness with a different module plugged into the end. If I was to make an additional $179 purchase for the new module from BMS and plugged into my harness I would indeed have a full JB4. As it is, it just connects to 2 car computer inputs.

Last edited by Delnari; 08-12-2014 at 03:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 06:50 PM   #387
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delnari View Post
Getting my Dinan installed in a couple hours from now. Just removed the JB4 Stage 1 from the car this morning. Took it for a short drive just to be sure everything is back to normal. Wow, what a difference in power now! Feels like the car just got it balls cut off.

Will share my impressions and photos a bit later on once I had a chance to drive around with it. The higher torque advertised is what makes the upgrade interesting to me. Should be very easy to feel the difference immediately afterwards.

** The JB4 Stage 1 unit is listed in the classifieds if your M235i needs a bigger set of balls **
Just to save some confusion there is no such thing as a JB4 Stage1! There is JB4 for $529 and Stage1 for $379. They are completely different tuning systems. The Stage1 is the quick install one that adds 30-40hp with a 5 min install or removal. Technically the Stage1 is a JB3 system. It's a great tune for the money. Did you dyno it? Would love to see how Dinan dynos in comparison.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 07:10 PM   #388
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
This just got serious lol
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 08:14 PM   #389
basiluf
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 S450 2018 S90

Where are the dang pictures? I'm going to bed soon.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 08:34 PM   #390
Delnari
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 MG F22 Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
Just to save some confusion there is no such thing as a JB4 Stage1! There is JB4 for $529 and Stage1 for $379. They are completely different tuning systems. The Stage1 is the quick install one that adds 30-40hp with a 5 min install or removal. Technically the Stage1 is a JB3 system. It's a great tune for the money. Did you dyno it? Would love to see how Dinan dynos in comparison.

Mike
Granted the "JB4 Stage 1" has a different control module with only a few of the ECU inputs being manipulated. If you simply swap out the control module for another and tether more wires into the BMW computer sensors you have the full JB4 system; so they are same thing with one just being to just a lessor degree of sending false signals. In the end, its just a matter how much you want to trick the factory computer into doing. Either JB4 is a good buy for under $600 as they give the motor a boost.

Can not speak to the degree of engineering of either the JB4 control module or Dinan as I have no intimate knowledge of either units internal design. I can tell you one seller puts their name out there and reputation on the line with their product, and has a proven record of delivering the goods. You buy a BMW for the name and reputation that it has earned. You buy a performance car of lessor value to get some of the same thrills but it never is really the same, is it?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 08:52 PM   #391
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

That's yet to be seen. If it's just a jb3 with a huge markup, no need to pay extra. That kind of talk doesn't have any weight. Let's see numbers and impartial reviews.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 08:55 PM   #392
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by basiluf View Post
Where are the dang pictures? I'm going to bed soon.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 09:14 PM   #393
BLK235iNJ
Captain
Rep
Drives: m235i,13MustangGT,84C10,99A8

Are you saying that the Dinan tune is a JB3 with a huge markup?

I don't understand why people just don't simply get it. These are not 2 products that are apples to apples. We get it the JB products are cheap and you get good power (no one is taking that away). Some of us are worried about quality and warranty. Why do people keep beating the same points it's redundant. If you had the choice would you forfeit your BMW warranty for a free JB4? If you could would you run only liability insurance to save a penny?

again we get it JB4 cars are most likely faster and you got it for cheaper. People shouldn't rip the folks that go the safe route. In reality if you own or lease this car your driving a $50k car. It's not cheap (whether your rich, middle, poor it's still $50k) Why put cheap stuff on it that can potentially screw the car up. JB4 lovers keep using the product. If they come out with something that can provide the same peace of mind as Dinan I will consider their products. It's that simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
That's yet to be seen. If it's just a jb3 with a huge markup, no need to pay extra. That kind of talk doesn't have any weight. Let's see numbers and impartial reviews.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 09:48 PM   #394
kerm1t
Captain
Rep
Drives: 17 M3 ZCP Stage 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK235iNJ View Post
Are you saying that the Dinan tune is a JB3 with a huge markup?

I don't understand why people just don't simply get it. These are not 2 products that are apples to apples. We get it the JB products are cheap and you get good power (no one is taking that away). Some of us are worried about quality and warranty. Why do people keep beating the same points it's redundant. If you had the choice would you forfeit your BMW warranty for a free JB4? If you could would you run only liability insurance to save a penny?

again we get it JB4 cars are most likely faster and you got it for cheaper. People shouldn't rip the folks that go the safe route. In reality if you own or lease this car your driving a $50k car. It's not cheap (whether your rich, middle, poor it's still $50k) Why put cheap stuff on it that can potentially screw the car up. JB4 lovers keep using the product. If they come out with something that can provide the same peace of mind as Dinan I will consider their products. It's that simple.

i still dont understand, sorry for my ignorance. but what major problems have people had that labels them so unreliable? obviously going besides the heavily tuned jb4s. if you take both jb4 and dinana at stage1, what are the difference in reliability?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 10:04 PM   #395
BLK235iNJ
Captain
Rep
Drives: m235i,13MustangGT,84C10,99A8

Well that's the problem no one is stating that one if more reliable than the other. Not sure what other way to state it.

I personally am not choosing JB4 because if I do... I then run the "risk" of having to lie and pray if something happens to my car while I'm running the JB4. If something happens to any of our cars the vendor is flat out not responsible. You chose to buy it therefore if something happens its on you to figure out how to reverse what you did and hope the claim isn't large enough or suspicious to warrant a deep investigation.

Below is a cut and past right from the Burger site: Do you understand what you're agreeing too? If not I would strongly suggest to not mod your car. That term/condition is exactly why I will not use their products. Logically on a new car with warranty it makes zero sense to void your warranty over 15HP and a $1400 difference. Think about it. It just DOESN'T make any sense. Now if you don't get it and all your worried about is bragging about your HP then yes JB4 all the way. I'm actually thinking of getting a couple of my developer friends along with my HP freaks friends and making a device that will give you 80HP and 120TQ more for $400. Just don't call me if something breaks.

WITHOUT LIMITATION TO THE FORGOING: (I) PURCHASER EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT USE OF THE PRODUCT MAY VOID ANY OR ALL WARRANTIES APPLICABLE TO ANY VEHICLE IN WHICH A PRODUCT IS INSTALLED AND PURCHASER AGREES TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND TO HOLD SELLER HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIMS DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO OR ARISING OUT OF ANY VOIDED WARRANTIES RELATED TO OUR ARISING OUT OF USE OF A PRODUCT; (II) PURCHASER EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT PRODUCTS MAY CAUSE DAMAGE TO ANY VEHICLE IN WHICH SUCH PRODUCTS ARE INSTALLED AND PURCHASER AGREES TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND TO HOLD SELLER HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIMS DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO OR ARISING OUT OF ANY DAMAGE TO A VEHICLE ALLEGEDLY CAUSED BY A PRODUCT; AND, (III) PURCHASER EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGES AND HEREBY AGREES THAT PURCHASER IS FAMILIAR WITH AND AGREES TO COMPLY WITH ANY LAWS, RULES OR REGULATIONS RELATED TO PRODUCTS ("APPLICABLE LAWS") AND PURCHASER AGREES TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND TO HOLD SELLER HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIMS RELATED TO OR ARISING OUT OF ANY ALLEGATION THAT PURCHASER FAILED TO COMPLY WITH APPLICABLE LAWS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerm1t View Post
i still dont understand, sorry for my ignorance. but what major problems have people had that labels them so unreliable? obviously going besides the heavily tuned jb4s. if you take both jb4 and dinana at stage1, what are the difference in reliability?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 11:11 PM   #396
M235eye
Enthusiast/Former CA
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 M235i

I find it a bit odd anyone who put down the big $$$ to lease/purchase a brand new BMW complain about the cost of the Dinan unit.

If you are THAT frugal, a BMW may not have been right for you.

End of discussion.
Appreciate 0