THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum AC is not working on 228i

07-17-2019, 11:42 PM   #1
ExZHP
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i MSport

AC is not working on 228i

Hello,
My '14 228i has only about 30k miles, and I live in a place where you almost never need AC, yet recently I noticed it stopped blowing cool air, even at AC Max. The car is out of warranty. Is this something I can diagnose/fix myself? Any links from previous posts or DIY fixes would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 01:27 AM   #2
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C HS & Ferrari Roma

Garage List
Hey pal,

I had a similar issue late last year. My car only had 30,000kms and is also a 2014 model 228i, the AC also stopped blowing cold air.

I took it in to BMW to diagnose the fault during my 5 year free servicing (Australia) and they found that the culprit was the AC Condenser. (It is behind your front bumper.) Chances are you may have hit a small rock or something small that punctured it, mine was replaced out of goodwill as I have a good relationship with my BMW service center.

It may also be as simple as an A/C regass but it will be good to have someone check out the AC Condenser as well.
Appreciate 0