THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board I want this day to be over

08-14-2012, 10:35 AM   #23
TeRRoRiFiC35
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Car

Mandy, the sooner you learn this, the better work will always be. Companies have no loyalty to you, you are only there to help them make money. Enjoy your time there, it's a place where you have to spend a good chunk of your life. It's not worth getting stressed over something that has no loyalty to you. Plus look at it this way, most people will change jobs ATLEAST 3 times before they hit the age of 35. That number should tell you something. I'm only 27, on my second job out of college (third if you count the contract work I did out of college), and plan on getting a different one sometime within a year.

It's always good to keep an eye out for average salary for your position with years experience. There can always be something better in the future.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 10:38 AM   #24
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Mandy. ..one word. Chocolate
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 10:38 AM   #25
///Mandy
N54 <3
Rep
Drives: E90 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by US///M3 View Post
Even the most dedicated employee can make a mistake, dont over-analyze what happened, that can cause you to lose your concentration.
Anyway,Good luck!
Very true!
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Its a department of social services card. Its child support. No I dont have kids
Dun dun dunnn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shah269 View Post
You aint dead or broken?
Don't worry about it! Unless you were that girl who dicked around with that guy on the other thread and didn't show up on the second date.
If that was you worry! Because I'm sure he is doing really well now.
But if it wasn't you and you are not dead nor broken and have no bones sticking out of you....you are just fine. It will be better tomorrow.
Nope I wasn't "that" girl. But thanks! You are right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeRRoRiFiC35 View Post
Mandy, the sooner you learn this, the better work will always be. Companies have no loyalty to you, you are only there to help them make money. Enjoy your time there, it's a place where you have to spend a good chunk of your life. It's not worth getting stressed over something that has no loyalty to you. Plus look at it this way, most people will change jobs ATLEAST 3 times before they hit the age of 35. That number should tell you something. I'm only 27, on my second job out of college (third if you count the contract work I did out of college), and plan on getting a different one sometime within a year.

It's always good to keep an eye out for average salary for your position with years experience. There can always be something better in the future.
You are absolutely right.
Your reply actually reminded me another thread that I want to start, to get a feeler, but perhaps another day, don't want to come across as that super emotional girl on E90 LOL.

Quote:
Haha you know it! With how I was feeling earlier, I could've gone for something triple chocolate.
How's your spoiler BTW?? Your car is looking nice!

E90 335xi|Nav pkg|Sport pkg|Dakota leather|Brushed aluminum trim|MTech kit

Last edited by ///Mandy; 08-14-2012 at 10:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 10:44 AM   #26
!JGunz_325
Private
Rep
Drives: AW 325i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mandy
Wow you guys are harsh LOL.
Suicide?? Oh boy.
And !JGunz_325 I'm not a guy I am a girl.

GetSomeE92, I figured I wouldn't get much by posted in OT but felt the need to vent.
Yup, fixed it haha didn't even noticed the name
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 10:46 AM   #27
!JGunz_325
Private
Rep
Drives: AW 325i Sport

I love how people say: "Oh I'm from the good part of Jersey"...believe me, there's no such thing as "good part of Jersey"
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 10:51 AM   #28
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mandy View Post
Very true!
Thank you.

Dun dun dunnn...

Nope I wasn't "that" girl. But thanks! You are right.

Your reply actually reminded me another thread that I want to start, to get a feeler, but perhaps another day, don't want to come across as that super emotional girl on E90 LOL.

Haha you know it! With how I was feeling earlier, I could've gone for something triple chocolate.
How's your spoiler BTW?? Your car is looking nice!
Chocolate is a cure all. I swear by it. Im going to overnight you my favorite.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 11:02 AM   #29
smyles
Major
Rep
Drives: '21 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504
right, and in few months the word will be 'treadmill'
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 11:03 AM   #30
TeRRoRiFiC35
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Trust me, always keep your head out there seeing what is around. Perfect example is my first job. I took it because I came out of school during the financial crisis and was willing to take less money. Worked there for 3 1/2 years, gradually absorbing people jobs yet never getting compensated. I liked all the people I worked with and the atmosphere in the workplace. I also really liked my boss and was happy that I was busy for a good chunk of the day with work. Only thing I hated was my 50 mile drive each way (was 75 before I moved). I knew I would never move anywhere near that area do to the high prices in rent and living in an area where I didn't want to be. I eventually looked to see what someone with my experience should be making in NJ. I came to find out I was being underpaid by $10k of the median salary for someone with my experience. So I started looking and found a job willing to pay me $16k more per yer not including bonus. Job recruiters also reconfirmed how much less I was making based on other people with the exact same backgrounds.

Edit: Also came to find out they were willing to pay someone in the median pay range now even after I hinted I was willing to take that to stay there. Just showed they didn't care if I left or not. I always get calls from people at my old job asking me how to do things and the guy who took over my job flat out asked me how I got it all done in a 40 hr work week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !JGunz_325 View Post
I love how people say: "Oh I'm from the good part of Jersey"...believe me, there's no such thing as "good part of Jersey"
There are "better" parts of NJ. Pretty much all of NORTH Jersey is a hellhole that is littered with rampant crime ranging from petty theft to murder (also contains the largest amount of gangs). Unfortunately there are WAY too many towns in North Jersey to name that are bad. Central Jersey for the most part does contain those same elements in some sections but nowhere near as rampant as North Jersey. The main towns that are rampantly bad are Asbury Park, Neptune, and Neptune City(murder/rape capital of Central NJ). Then we have South Jersey and Camden/Atlantic City. Camden is the #2 murder capital in the US. Atlantic City last time I checked was in the top 30.

Unfortunately no matter how I put this, the "better" sections of NJ are the towns that have wealth in them.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 11:03 AM   #31
US///M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1973 Jensen Interceptor

Quote:
A 5 mile run,helps too.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 11:30 AM   #32
///Mandy
N54 <3
Rep

Quote:
Chocolate is a cure all. I swear by it. Im going to overnight you my favorite.
Sounds good! lol
Which one is your fave?

Quote:
Trust me, always keep your head out there seeing what is around. Perfect example is my first job. I took it because I came out of school during the financial crisis and was willing to take less money. Worked there for 3 1/2 years, gradually absorbing people jobs yet never getting compensated. I liked all the people I worked with and the atmosphere in the workplace. I also really liked my boss and was happy that I was busy for a good chunk of the day with work. Only thing I hated was my 50 mile drive each way (was 75 before I moved). I knew I would never move anywhere near that area do to the high prices in rent and living in an area where I didn't want to be. I eventually looked to see what someone with my experience should be making in NJ. I came to find out I was being underpaid by $10k of the median salary for someone with my experience. So I started looking and found a job willing to pay me $16k more per yer not including bonus. Job recruiters also reconfirmed how much less I was making based on other people with the exact same backgrounds.

Edit: Also came to find out they were willing to pay someone in the median pay range now even after I hinted I was willing to take that to stay there. Just showed they didn't care if I left or not. I always get calls from people at my old job asking me how to do things and the guy who took over my job flat out asked me how I got it all done in a 40 hr work week.

Well I am always keeping my eye out on what else is out there. But the last experience I went through was awful. I accepted an offer for a purchaser position for a software company, took a big paycut but figured this may be worth it to be in this industry (mind you I had no software/IT experience, I only know how to turn on my computer, and was fortunate enough to get this position through a then friend of mine who works there....company was Softchoice Solutions if you heard of them) to move up to something better.

So as of now I'm just at a cross roads, not sure what I want to do with the rest of my life...current position pays well, extremely well....but I know sometimes money isn't everything in life... ahhhh....

Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 11:32 AM   #33
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Sounds good! lol
Which one is your fave?
Youre going to think this is gross, but have you ever had chocolate with a hint of orange? Its soooo wonderful.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 11:36 AM   #34
///Mandy
N54 <3
Rep

Quote:
Youre going to think this is gross, but have you ever had chocolate with a hint of orange? Its soooo wonderful.
OMG YES! My ultimate fave is Terry's chocolate orange.
Haha it's surprising to know another person who likes chocolate with an orange flavor...majority of the time I'd get a weird look when I tell people lol.

Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 11:44 AM   #35
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
OMG YES! My ultimate fave is Terry's chocolate orange.
Haha it's surprising to know another person who likes chocolate with an orange flavor...majority of the time I'd get a weird look when I tell people lol.
OMG! Youre like the first person ever to like it besides me!!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 11:46 AM   #36
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
Unfortunately no matter how I put this, the "better" sections of NJ are the towns that have wealth in them.
and damn near every single place in Texas is a much better living experience than New Jersey.

for you to not take that job "just because it's in Texas" is rediculous....

we police ourselves too - we tend to keep the douchbaggary at a minimum.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 11:46 AM   #37
///Mandy
N54 <3
Rep

Quote:
And same goes for me! lol

You and me.....we will get along just fine LOL!

Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #38
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
And same goes for me! lol

You and me.....we will get along just fine LOL!
We are so going to be bestfriends in Vegas next year! I cant wait for MFest now.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 11:50 AM   #39
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
ya'll should tongue kiss......and stuff.....
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 11:52 AM   #40
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009

Wait did you kid bring home a chubby/handsome girl and tell you he was in love?
No? Well you are ok!

Remember these things have a way of just evaporating the next day.
If you have a free moment read the book Emotional Intelligence 2.0
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 11:57 AM   #41
///Mandy
N54 <3
Rep

Quote:
We are so going to be bestfriends in Vegas next year! I cant wait for MFest now.

Is that where you bought your black kidneys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
ya'll should tongue kiss......and stuff.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by shah269 View Post
Wait did you kid bring home a chubby/handsome girl and tell you he was in love?
No? Well you are ok!

Remember these things have a way of just evaporating the next day.
If you have a free moment read the book Emotional Intelligence 2.0
Good point. And thank you for the recommendation. I need a new book to read right now.

Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 12:21 PM   #42
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:

Is that where you bought your black kidneys?

Good point. And thank you for the recommendation. I need a new book to read right now.
Actually yes, for my E90 not my E92... They had them in Vegas real cheap at MFest.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 12:21 PM   #43
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009

Hey I just looked at the first chapter of 50 shades of BLAaaaaah!
It's a great book to pick up ladies at the bar but shit for reading!
So skip that one!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 12:22 PM   #44
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
and damn near every single place in Texas is a much better living experience than New Jersey.

for you to not take that job "just because it's in Texas" is rediculous....

we police ourselves too - we tend to keep the douchbaggary at a minimum.
Not sure I'd agree with that...but then I'm coming from Canada where its just a different environment. Reasons I say this is because when I was in Houston for 2.5 weeks working I noticed:
1. Some knife fight at a restaraunt we were going to that evening...so the restaurant was swarmed with cruisers...haven't ever seen that in Ontario yet.
2. Pretty much everyone seems to be carrying (which surprises me that in #1 they chose to use a knife).
3. Given the fact that the majority seem to be carrying, the bums in Houston are surprisingly aggressive. And they will follow you for a little while.
4. The beer in Houston is not of good quality. Cheap yes, but terrible quality. You have to go to a grocery store to get good beer, but the beer generally served on tap in restaurants is the likes of Bud light. And I had to drink it, because the alternatives were actually worse, which I didn't believe was possible until I tried them. Good beer can be obtained by the grocery store though - and it is still cheap. So that is a plus.

What I did like about Houston was there was this restaurant where I had the best burger I have ever eaten. Ever. And I don't remember the name of the restaurant. And the fact that it was warm. Even in January / February it was good for short sleeves at night.
Appreciate 0