THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications Help... looking for more aggressive looking bumpers

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-20-2023, 08:11 AM   #1
oremag2014
Private
30
Rep
64
Posts

Drives: BMW 220i
Join Date: May 2023
Location: Panama

iTrader: (0)

Help... looking for more aggressive looking bumpers

Hello guys I'm bored of the bumpers on the base 220i and wanted to upgrade them for a more aggresive looking ones any ideas or recomendations? I like the m235 rear bumper but dont know if it will fit. Here are some pictures so you get the idea





thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2023, 03:07 PM   #2
Eddyf22
New Member
Eddyf22's Avatar
0
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: BMW m240
Join Date: Jul 2023
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

You could go the m2 conversion bumper. personally love how it looks on the f22s but there is a lot of hate but I do agree the front bumper looks to nice stock.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2023, 02:07 PM   #3
Dom147
Second Lieutenant
United_States
79
Rep
214
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW 228i, 2017 BMW M240i
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Northern Virginia

iTrader: (1)

I used to have the M2 front bumper on my 228i but removed it besause I was starting to feel like a poser. I'd also like to add that the dimensions of the m2 front bumper dont really match the width of the f22 that well. I ended up switching to the M sport front bumper with the M performance front lip and side skirt extensions to go with everything. This gives a mean and aggressive look and the matte black of the lip and extensions give a nice contrast while retaining an OEM+ look that isn't too much boy racer in my opinion. I would look into doing the m235i rear bumper. I retrofitted it on my 228i and it fits, the diffuser is what will determine what fits for you. I ended up having a muffler bypass meant for an m235i welded on as an axle back and that essentially turned my rear into an m235i. If you dont want to go that route, you can get a diffuser that is meant for a left side only exhaust. One like this: https://www.schmiedmann.com/en/bmw-f...=INF2223MOT3HG it's in gloss black but I believe you can find one in matt black which is what the m performance comes in.
Appreciate 3
Mike F.97.50
x573V3N14.50
WolfGTI681.00
      08-24-2023, 07:36 AM   #4
oremag2014
Private
30
Rep
64
Posts

Drives: BMW 220i
Join Date: May 2023
Location: Panama

iTrader: (0)

Thank you for your imput, I will be installinig the M2 front and rear bumper! I fell it's aggressive enough and my FMIC would look sick with it. i do get what you mean like a poser I HATE when people ad M or M240 when they have 220 or 228 but as far as bumper goes that is the one I liked the most will be uploading pics soon.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2023, 09:00 AM   #5
Dom147
Second Lieutenant
United_States
79
Rep
214
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW 228i, 2017 BMW M240i
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Northern Virginia

iTrader: (1)

mhm! In the end, make your car you! One thing I loved about it was the personality that it added
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2023, 11:59 AM   #6
oremag2014
Private
30
Rep
64
Posts

Drives: BMW 220i
Join Date: May 2023
Location: Panama

iTrader: (0)

Postings pics when painted and installed



Appreciate 0
      09-05-2023, 06:48 PM   #7
Dom147
Second Lieutenant
United_States
79
Rep
214
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW 228i, 2017 BMW M240i
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Northern Virginia

iTrader: (1)

Looking forward to it!! The blue of your car is beautiful
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2023, 07:51 PM   #8
oremag2014
Private
30
Rep
64
Posts

Drives: BMW 220i
Join Date: May 2023
Location: Panama

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom147 View Post
Looking forward to it!! The blue of your car is beautiful
Thanks will be uploading final results this week
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2023, 07:03 AM   #9
oremag2014
Private
30
Rep
64
Posts

Drives: BMW 220i
Join Date: May 2023
Location: Panama

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom147 View Post
I used to have the M2 front bumper on my 228i but removed it besause I was starting to feel like a poser. I'd also like to add that the dimensions of the m2 front bumper dont really match the width of the f22 that well. I ended up switching to the M sport front bumper with the M performance front lip and side skirt extensions to go with everything. This gives a mean and aggressive look and the matte black of the lip and extensions give a nice contrast while retaining an OEM+ look that isn't too much boy racer in my opinion. I would look into doing the m235i rear bumper. I retrofitted it on my 228i and it fits, the diffuser is what will determine what fits for you. I ended up having a muffler bypass meant for an m235i welded on as an axle back and that essentially turned my rear into an m235i. If you dont want to go that route, you can get a diffuser that is meant for a left side only exhaust. One like this: https://www.schmiedmann.com/en/bmw-f...=INF2223MOT3HG it's in gloss black but I believe you can find one in matt black which is what the m performance comes in.
Just wondering, since you owned that bumper will the m2 lips fits even tho it's a bumper made for the f22?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2023, 10:21 AM   #10
Dom147
Second Lieutenant
United_States
79
Rep
214
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW 228i, 2017 BMW M240i
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Northern Virginia

iTrader: (1)

Unfortunately no. I know kies motorsports sells one but that one might only before the OG m2 front bumper conversion. I'll provide you with a link to it if you want to take a look. https://www.kiesmotorsports.com/prod...604c6a36&_ss=r

https://www.kiesmotorsports.com/prod...bd18a07a&_ss=r
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2023, 11:22 AM   #11
oremag2014
Private
30
Rep
64
Posts

Drives: BMW 220i
Join Date: May 2023
Location: Panama

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom147 View Post
Unfortunately no. I know kies motorsports sells one but that one might only before the OG m2 front bumper conversion. I'll provide you with a link to it if you want to take a look. https://www.kiesmotorsports.com/prod...604c6a36&_ss=r

https://www.kiesmotorsports.com/prod...bd18a07a&_ss=r
Yeah thinking of ordering an M2 CF and making it fit, there is a shop here that works cf so maybe they can help me out Thanks ur very kind
Appreciate 1
Dom14778.50
      09-08-2023, 09:02 AM   #12
oremag2014
Private
30
Rep
64
Posts

Drives: BMW 220i
Join Date: May 2023
Location: Panama

iTrader: (0)

Bumpers Painted



Appreciate 1
Dom14778.50
      09-09-2023, 09:59 AM   #13
oremag2014
Private
30
Rep
64
Posts

Drives: BMW 220i
Join Date: May 2023
Location: Panama

iTrader: (0)

Well I'ts done some minor adjustments need to be made, I need to order the sensors for the front bumper and fix the exhaust so it fits perfectly and we will be completely done. I'm happy with the results



Appreciate 0
      09-09-2023, 05:11 PM   #14
Dom147
Second Lieutenant
United_States
79
Rep
214
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW 228i, 2017 BMW M240i
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Northern Virginia

iTrader: (1)

looks amazing man! do you know if you'll go quad tip?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2023, 06:54 PM   #15
oremag2014
Private
30
Rep
64
Posts

Drives: BMW 220i
Join Date: May 2023
Location: Panama

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom147 View Post
looks amazing man! do you know if you'll go quad tip?
Hey thanks, I really like it but im removing the front lip and the ones at the back tomorrow. Next week I'll be going dual tip.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2023, 08:49 AM   #16
oremag2014
Private
30
Rep
64
Posts

Drives: BMW 220i
Join Date: May 2023
Location: Panama

iTrader: (0)

just a quick update! Now the m2 side skirts front and side lip extensions

Appreciate 1
Dom14778.50
      01-09-2024, 07:44 AM   #17
oremag2014
Private
30
Rep
64
Posts

Drives: BMW 220i
Join Date: May 2023
Location: Panama

iTrader: (0)

and this is what it looks like today

Appreciate 1
Dom14778.50
      01-23-2024, 08:39 PM   #18
yoyimess
Registered
2
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: Bmw 228
Join Date: Dec 2023
Location: miami

iTrader: (0)

Where did u get your bumper? Im Really loving it how it looks
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2024, 08:54 PM   #19
oremag2014
Private
30
Rep
64
Posts

Drives: BMW 220i
Join Date: May 2023
Location: Panama

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyimess View Post
Where did u get your bumper? Im Really loving it how it looks
A friend of mine had it shipped from china, minor adjustments had to be made nothing out of this world, fitmet is not quite perfect but is almost there!
Appreciate 1
Dom14778.50
      02-08-2024, 08:38 AM   #20
oremag2014
Private
30
Rep
64
Posts

Drives: BMW 220i
Join Date: May 2023
Location: Panama

iTrader: (0)

New update exhaust installed







I love it
Appreciate 2
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23 AM.




2addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST