THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions Enhanced Bluetooth coding

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-02-2017, 10:35 PM   #1
Raymondo1234
Private First Class
Raymondo1234's Avatar
United_States
68
Rep
176
Posts

Drives: 2016 M235xi
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Hyattsville, Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Enhanced Bluetooth coding

Can you use BimmerCode to enable enhanced Bluetooth?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2017, 12:14 AM   #2
Almaretto
Major General
Almaretto's Avatar
2371
Rep
8,364
Posts

Drives: Test Vehicles
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mountain View, CA

iTrader: (0)

Not easily. You can use expert mode, but then you must figure out dozens of potential changes to manually configure.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2017, 10:56 PM   #3
Raymondo1234
Private First Class
Raymondo1234's Avatar
United_States
68
Rep
176
Posts

Drives: 2016 M235xi
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Hyattsville, Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Managed to code it using BimmerCode. Had to go into expert mode and alter a list of things, bit it did the job.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2017, 01:56 PM   #4
MarcoZandrini
Major
United_States
436
Rep
1,234
Posts

Drives: 2018 M240i
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

What does "enhanced Bluetooth" provide? Let me guess, better Bluetooth. Is "non-enhanced Bluetooth" that bad?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2017, 02:24 PM   #5
Almaretto
Major General
Almaretto's Avatar
2371
Rep
8,364
Posts

Drives: Test Vehicles
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mountain View, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoZandrini View Post
What does "enhanced Bluetooth" provide? Let me guess, better Bluetooth. Is "non-enhanced Bluetooth" that bad?
Two phones connected.
Office functions
Bluetooth streaming
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2017, 07:02 PM   #6
DuckBone
New Member
0
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: 2014 M235i
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: NorCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymondo1234 View Post
Managed to code it using BimmerCode. Had to go into expert mode and alter a list of things, bit it did the job.
Can you list what changes you made? I tried several times and I was able to get some of the enhanced Bluetooth functions but not Bluetooth steaming.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2017, 08:23 PM   #7
Raymondo1234
Private First Class
Raymondo1234's Avatar
United_States
68
Rep
176
Posts

Drives: 2016 M235xi
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Hyattsville, Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Followed this
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2017, 12:04 PM   #8
BEM-S4
Major General
BEM-S4's Avatar
United_States
4508
Rep
8,942
Posts

Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Philadelphia

iTrader: (5)

FWIW he's working on adding EHB as a one click option on an upcoming version of the SW.
__________________
2022 Macan S
2016 F31 328i xDrive Sport Wagon
2006 E46 330ci ZHP Convertible
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2017, 12:06 PM   #9
Raymondo1234
Private First Class
Raymondo1234's Avatar
United_States
68
Rep
176
Posts

Drives: 2016 M235xi
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Hyattsville, Maryland

iTrader: (0)

I just wanted it so I could read my texts on the screen.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2017, 09:43 AM   #10
cxp213
Lieutenant
cxp213's Avatar
313
Rep
525
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Two phones connected.
Office functions
Bluetooth streaming
Bluetooth streaming for videos? I thought we could already do music already from factory.

I have a question that's sort of related (since you seem more knowledgeable). I already coded my car using Carly but don't recall seeing any option for Enhanced Bluetooth. There was an option for me to read the entire text instead of just 3 lines, so I did that. Does that mean I have Enhanced Bluetooth?

Is Enhanced Bluetooth (coding of it, using whatever method) itself an all or nothing deal, or can you select which features from Enhanced Bluetooth to code in?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2017, 11:19 AM   #11
Almaretto
Major General
Almaretto's Avatar
2371
Rep
8,364
Posts

Drives: Test Vehicles
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mountain View, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxp213 View Post
Bluetooth streaming for videos? I thought we could already do music already from factory.

I have a question that's sort of related (since you seem more knowledgeable). I already coded my car using Carly but don't recall seeing any option for Enhanced Bluetooth. There was an option for me to read the entire text instead of just 3 lines, so I did that. Does that mean I have Enhanced Bluetooth?

Is Enhanced Bluetooth (coding of it, using whatever method) itself an all or nothing deal, or can you select which features from Enhanced Bluetooth to code in?
No, you cannot stream videos via bluetooth. You need Miracast on ID5/ID6 or additional hardware (eg, Bimmertech SmartView) to stream via Wifi. Depending on vintage, basic bluetooth or some of the enhanced features have become standard on BMW's. But, for all functions, you need 6NS on NBT or 6NW on NBT2. See breakdown below.

I have never used Carly or Bimmercode as I always used E-sys from the beginning. But, it is my understanding that these apps do not offer VO coding options. Bimmercode does have expert mode, but you would somehow need to know which changes to manually make.

VO coding makes all the necessary changes for you to enable or disable factory options. Then, you can either use or not use all features. Alternatively, you could individually disable certain things via FDL coding.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 1
cxp213313.00
      09-22-2017, 02:01 PM   #12
cxp213
Lieutenant
cxp213's Avatar
313
Rep
525
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: TX

iTrader: (0)

Well, it looks like Carly did this for me when I enabled other settings. Aside from being able to read entire text message, I can also browse library using BT. The other differences between 6NH and 6NS looks like it requires hardware or isn't all that important, so it doesn't matter, but it does look like I have the Enhanced Bluetooth enabled on mine.

Just curious, how do you verify which ID version you have and which NBT you have? I believe mine's the ID5 (older vertical home/menu screen) with NBT, but just want to make sure.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2017, 02:15 PM   #13
Almaretto
Major General
Almaretto's Avatar
2371
Rep
8,364
Posts

Drives: Test Vehicles
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mountain View, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxp213 View Post
Well, it looks like Carly did this for me when I enabled other settings. Aside from being able to read entire text message, I can also browse library using BT. The other differences between 6NH and 6NS looks like it requires hardware or isn't all that important, so it doesn't matter, but it does look like I have the Enhanced Bluetooth enabled on mine.

Just curious, how do you verify which ID version you have and which NBT you have? I believe mine's the ID5 (older vertical home/menu screen) with NBT, but just want to make sure.
6NS comes with two microphones (above passenger and driver) plus dock, which requires additional phone adapter purchase. Personally, I think the ladder is useless and just takes up center console room.

Vertical menus are ID4. If you check map version, it will show EVO or Next. Evo can be ID4++ ('16) or ID5/ID6 ('17+). ID5/6 has horizontal title home screen.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2017, 02:58 PM   #14
cxp213
Lieutenant
cxp213's Avatar
313
Rep
525
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
6NS comes with two microphones (above passenger and driver) plus dock, which requires additional phone adapter purchase. Personally, I think the ladder is useless and just takes up center console room.

Vertical menus are ID4. If you check map version, it will show EVO or Next. Evo can be ID4++ ('16) or ID5/ID6 ('17+). ID5/6 has horizontal title home screen.
Ok, so then I have the ID4. I recently updated my map to 2017-2 NEXT.

Is there any way for me to update to ID5 or ID6 (prefer to do it myself rather than pay)?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2017, 03:00 PM   #15
Almaretto
Major General
Almaretto's Avatar
2371
Rep
8,364
Posts

Drives: Test Vehicles
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mountain View, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxp213 View Post
Ok, so then I have the ID4. I recently updated my map to 2017-2 NEXT.

Is there any way for me to update to ID5 or ID6 (prefer to do it myself rather than pay)?
You need new hardware (HU_NBT2) plus FSC codes and either new CID or adapter to use current.
Appreciate 1
cxp213313.00
      08-29-2023, 06:01 AM   #16
himanshutrivedi95@gmail.c
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: BMW F30
Join Date: Aug 2023
Location: Ireland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymondo1234 View Post
Followed this
Hi has anyone tried to code enhanced audio recently with bimmercode. I did the changes but ita stuck on please wait. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have a 318d f30 with the box.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47 AM.




2addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST