THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Popular exhaust options and examples

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-24-2019, 09:44 AM   #1
Dannyxz
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
30
Posts

Drives: BMW M235i
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Popular exhaust options and examples

Hello all,

Browsed a couple of the older threads on exhaust options for the N55.

Right now I’m really loving the sound of the AWE and Remus systems.
I also know that the Fabspeed Sport Cat + MPE is a popular option here.

Right now the AWE is sitting at #1 for me, but I wanted to know if there is a popular consensus here on the best sounding axleback system?

I love 1JZ and RB type deep growls.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 01:25 AM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
mike@x-ph.com's Avatar
United_States
10118
Rep
112,478
Posts

Drives: 2007 e92 335i / 2013 F30 328
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (19)

The most popular is REMUS, its the best sounding one as well in my opinion
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 12:37 PM   #3
XutvJet
Brigadier General
2279
Rep
3,125
Posts

Drives: 2016 M235 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Kansas City

iTrader: (-1)

MPE with a catted DP. No drone. Perfect fitment. Not annoyingly loud. Lots of pops and burbles. Not overly intrusive in the cabin. Semi-exotic sound.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 01:12 PM   #4
BEM-S4
Major General
BEM-S4's Avatar
United_States
3703
Rep
8,093
Posts

Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Philadelphia

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
MPE with a catted DP. No drone. Perfect fitment. Not annoyingly loud. Lots of pops and burbles. Not overly intrusive in the cabin. Semi-exotic sound.
Would add one MPE benefit - you can get one for free. If you hit the classifieds and source one there, run it for a few years, you can get your money back out of it easily when you sell your car. I bought a new one for my F23 and used for my F31. Wagon the noise was a bit much so I didn't keep it on the car. It was at my house for about a year before I listed it and I got back exactly what I had into it.
__________________
2016 F23 M235 xDrive Convertible • Dinan Stage 2 • AA IC • Apex EC-7 • MPE
2016 F31 328 xDrive Sport Wagon • Dinan Stage 1 • Vorsteiner V-FF 105 • BBK
2006 E46 330ci ZHP Convertible • Apex ARC-8
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 07:36 PM   #5
Dannyxz
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
30
Posts

Drives: BMW M235i
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
The most popular is REMUS, its the best sounding one as well in my opinion
What’s the pricing on the axleback piece? Really interested in a Remus set-up.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 08:18 PM   #6
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
mike@x-ph.com's Avatar
United_States
10118
Rep
112,478
Posts

Drives: 2007 e92 335i / 2013 F30 328
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyxz View Post
What’s the pricing on the axleback piece? Really interested in a Remus set-up.
Check your inbox
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 02:51 AM   #7
XCC Motorsports
Private
XCC Motorsports's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
93
Posts

Drives: 2014 M235i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: AZ

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Check your inbox
PM me price as well please.
__________________

'11 135i - Sold
'14 M235i (VF Engineering Tune, Dinan Res Delete, Evolution Racewerks Charge Pipe)
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 11:05 AM   #8
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
mike@x-ph.com's Avatar
United_States
10118
Rep
112,478
Posts

Drives: 2007 e92 335i / 2013 F30 328
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCC Motorsports View Post
PM me price as well please.
Done
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 01:42 PM   #9
Pray for Mojo
Captain
Canada
257
Rep
796
Posts

Drives: 2014 M235i & 2018 X3 M40i
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (0)

Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 09:18 AM   #10
Gepeto
Enlisted Member
12
Rep
42
Posts

Drives: WRX
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

I just got a Remus exhaust as well, which I have on with the stock downpipe right now.

It does sound way better than the OEM, and somewhat louder, but you will barely notice it from the cabin except when accelerating. No drone at highway speed.

When I say no drone I mean it, I am very intolerant to drone, and I could never tell this is not an OEM part in terms of drone and quality.

I just got a Wagner catted downpipe and bootmod3 from Mike / X-PH - not planning on going with very aggressive burbles.

Once I have all of that running (probably a few weeks, want to dyno the car mostly stock before bm3) I'll post a video, but I think it will just be a slightly quieter version of the great sample posted by Pray for Mojo!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 12:02 PM   #11
kthor703
Enlisted Member
8
Rep
43
Posts

Drives: 2015 M235i
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Washington, MI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
I just got a Remus exhaust as well, which I have on with the stock downpipe right now.

It does sound way better than the OEM, and somewhat louder, but you will barely notice it from the cabin except when accelerating. No drone at highway speed.

When I say no drone I mean it, I am very intolerant to drone, and I could never tell this is not an OEM part in terms of drone and quality.

I just got a Wagner catted downpipe and bootmod3 from Mike / X-PH - not planning on going with very aggressive burbles.

Once I have all of that running (probably a few weeks, want to dyno the car mostly stock before bm3) I'll post a video, but I think it will just be a slightly quieter version of the great sample posted by Pray for Mojo!
Please post this! I want to hear a catted remus setup. Look forward to it.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 07:05 PM   #12
Gepeto
Enlisted Member
12
Rep
42
Posts

Drives: WRX
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

kthor703 I finally posted it!

https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show...6#post25188666
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 AM.




2addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST