THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Active Tourer Discussions CD player won't play MP3 discs

01-28-2019, 10:02 AM   #1
JR
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: f45 218i SE active tourer auto

CD player won't play MP3 discs

Just tried to play an MP3 disc in my 2017 F45 , just keeps saying cant read format , don't think I've tried it before , always used usb stick until now [usb plays MP3 no problem ! ]
Im sure my previous BMWs all played MP3 discs [CDs ] no problem
Have I got a fault or is that the way it is now ?
[I am using an iMac ]
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2019, 05:43 PM   #2
zentanker
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M Sport 228i Mineral Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR View Post
Just tried to play an MP3 disc in my 2017 F45 , just keeps saying cant read format , don't think I've tried it before , always used usb stick until now [usb plays MP3 no problem ! ]
Im sure my previous BMWs all played MP3 discs [CDs ] no problem
Have I got a fault or is that the way it is now ?
[I am using an iMac ]

When it comes to compatibility, apple stuff is more trouble than it's worth, IMO. I don't know if that's the problem, but why are you even bothering with MP3s on discs when USB drives work so well? What's the point?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 07:44 AM   #3
JR
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Just wanted the option to play mp3 on a disc , as I share the car with my wife , who doesn't like using I drive too much
It's simple to select the CD
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 10:35 AM   #4
JR
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Rang BMW the CD player can no longer play MP3
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2020, 05:56 PM   #5
Zerpersande
Rep
Drives: BMW 218d

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentanker View Post
When it comes to compatibility, apple stuff is more trouble than it's worth, IMO. I don't know if that's the problem, but why are you even bothering with MP3s on discs when USB drives work so well? What's the point?
Personally I never make much of an effort to bash an OS that took several iterations to get the system to the point that customers could prevent the excessively swollen fingers that resulted from constantly performing the three-fingered-salute due to The Blue Screen of Death. And having owned several PC machines, and built several more, I have experience with both systems.

Apple has its problems. Luckily, I have never experienced any of them. Neither has my wife. Or either of my daughters. And that includes at least 3 Macbooks, about 5 iPads, several iPods, and too many iPhones to count. (Excluding dropping phones, which the females are prone to do. So no hardware/software problems other than reduced battery life until a patch came out. No additional costs for the iOS or OSX. No additional cost for updates to the Apple version of Office.

So from my perspective, Apple products are well worth the non-existent problems I have experienced.

And from what one user wrote, the lack of ability wasn’t Apple at all, just a decision by BMW.
Appreciate 0